28-Be Patient

"Did they see you? Did they hurt you? Are you okay?" Peter asks frantically while inspecting my arms to ensure they're wound-free. He had teleported us back into his treehouse. My small body shakes from fear. I can't get his voice out of my head. "Audrey, answer me!"
  "I... they didn't..." I somehow manage to stutter. Peter sighs angrily before pulling me into his chest.
  "What happened?" He asks quietly. After a few minutes of not even crying, just being frozen from shock, I finally loosen up enough to explain myself.
  "I teleported myself to the garden to pick some more daisies when I heard voices. I was able to hide behind a tree without being caught. The voices belonged to Rumplestiltskin and... and my mother."
  "Well? What did you hear?" Peter pushes. I take a deep breath.
  "Rumplestiltskin told my mother I was here, and I think she wants me back-"
  "I bloody knew it! You have to stay in here now, it's too dangerous-"
  "I'm not finished! Apparently they both have some sort of 'interest' in me. My mother, upon hearing that I'm in love with you, insisted on getting me off the island. Rumplestiltskin proceeded to explain how that won't be easy, and he said the only option to get me back was to disinterest you in me-"
  "Like that'd be possible-"
  "Peter, please. He told my mother that the only way to do that is... is... to make me a dark one."
  Peter stays deadly silent. After what seems like a million years, he finally opens his mouth.
  "We need to find out what interest he has in you."
  I cock my eyebrows. "We? You mean, you want me to go with you?" I ask in disbelief. I expected him to be even more protective.
  He sighs. "I'm afraid that'll be the only way to get the information we need. But don't worry, I'll be there with you- oh!" He's cut off when I tackle him with a hug. "You seem a little too eager to run straight into trouble."
  "Better than being held captive for days," I reply. "When can we get going?"
  "It's now or never."