New Friends

Millie

I was sat in the class along side Sadie, one of my best friends. We got onto the task that was set and I chilled back and waited for Sadie to talk to me. Nothing.

"Sade?" I call. She turns her attention towards me. "What happened to Sophia?" I ask.

"She had to move away. It's fine though. I could see you wasn't getting along with her." Sadie was wrong. I was actual getting to know her properly and wanted to be her friend. She hasn't been around for months. I didn't ask but I was now concerned.

"Excuse me!" I hear someone say. I turn and see a light blonde haired girl.

"Yeah." I answer.

"Do you girls know where I can find room 011." I look to Sadie. We turn back.

"We will take you. That's where I'm heading next." Sadie tells her. I smile and turn back in my seat. I can't wait to see Finn.

-

After class, the girl from before caught us up and walked along side us.

"Hi! I'm Lila." She gestured her hand out for us to shake. Sadie shaked her hand.

"I'm Sadie," I left her hanging. "Sorry, Millie is a bit crude on new people." Sadie tells her.

"I see." She says. "Are we off to next lesson?" She asks.

"Yeah sure. Let me just talk to Millie for a second." Sadie moves me far away from Lila and starts to whisper to me. "You need to be nice to people. How do you expect to make new friends?" Sadie asks me.

"I know but I want to see Finn." I moaned.

"Finn! It's always about Finn. I know you're in a relationship with him but you can't always be attached to him all the time. You need to get out more with me and the gang. How about you hang with me on Saturday?" Sadie asks.

"I'll see." I told Sadie.

"Great. I'm gonna head to class. Meet me in the cafeteria." Sadie walked off and took the new girl with her.

I waited behind till the hallways cleared. I sat down alone. Cuddling my legs and feeling lonely. That's when suddenly I heard someone screaming, shouting and rude words being thrown around.

"You're a slut. Get out my life you lowlife piece of shit." I gasped quietly at the words the male was saying. The female started crying out and he left her alone. I got up and walked over.

"Hey! You okay?" I ask her. Her face was covered by her hands so I couldn't tell who she was. "Hey, look at me. It's fine. He's gone now." She uncovered her face and that's when I noticed who she was. "Maddie?" I say speechless.

"Millie?" She says confused. I backed away. "Millie, I changed. I'm not friends with Iris no more. We aren't friends. Trust me." I couldn't believe it. Maddie has changed a lot from last time I had a fight with her and Iris.

"Why would you say such horrible things? Were you jealous that I had a boyfriend and you two didn't?" I asked.

"No! It's Iris. She hates you and she wanted to show misery to your life. I didn't want any part of it. I promise Millie." She said to me. "Look at me. I just got yelled at by that guy and I'm broken." It was right. She did look upset and broken.

"Do you wanna talk about him?" I ask.

"Not here." She dragged me somewhere away from our previous position. "Look, I have been with this guy for about a year now and he's been a jerk to me. Calling me names, keeping me locked inside. I couldn't breathe." She told me.

"Does that sound familiar to you?" I ask her.

"I know. I'm sorry. I shouldn't of said what I said but I wanted Iris to like me." I shake my head.

"You chose wrong though."

"I know. And I'm sorry for that. You won't hear from Iris again." Maddie told me.

"Why's that?" I ask.

"She's moved away." She told me. I wasn't hundred percent sure if Maddie was lying or telling the truth but right now I wanted it to be true.

"You better not be lying to me!" I said.

"I'm not." She had tears in her eyes. "I just want to make amends. And get through my bad relationship." She told.

"Who Is that guy?" I ask Maddie.

"Oh, he's Jack Kelly." She told me. I shake my head.

"He's bad." I say.

"As long as he's not Jacob." Maddie commented. Iris has a thing for Jacob."

"You should stay away from all boys." I tell her. "Until you get back to yourself." Maddie didn't show emotion.

"I don't think I can go back to my normal self." Maddie said.

"Yeah you can. Even if I have to help you get through it." She looked up at me with a slight smile on her face.

"You wanna be friends?" She asks.

"Well, you don't have none and I can't see you this broken." I said. I started to smile and hug Maddie. I believe Maddie can change. As long as she stays away from horrible mean bullies.

"Friends." She smiled.

"Friends."