Memories Of My Sister

Millie's POV

I looked through pictures of me and my sister. Ava. How cute she was and still is. It hurts inside my chest when I rethink that day and she was rushed to hospital. My poor baby sister. I miss her so much.

"Millie..." Knock. I look up from the pictures and see my brother Charlie.

"Hey." I say. He walks in and sits by my bed. He peered down at the pictures.

"We miss her too." He spoke.

"I wish she could come home." I say looking at one photo. "I miss her giggles and cheekiness." I wish that day never happened. "I wish I could of prevented that day from happening."

"Mills, we have something to say." I look up.

"We?" I question looking up at Charlie.

"Come downstairs." I got worried when he said it like that. I got up and walked out. I went downstairs and saw my family. I approached the sofa and sat down next to Paige. Charlie sat on the arm of the chair. My mom sat on the chair, Charlie was sat on and my dad stood up near my mom.

"Millie.... We got some news. About Ava." I felt my voice stuck in my throat. My heart racing and my hands shaking.

"What is it? Is it bad?" My dad looked to my mom before returning to me.

"Ava...." He paused. This can't be worse news. Why is he stolin? "She's improving. Impressively."

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"She's woken up and the doctors say we can bring her home soon." My moms eyes were watering. Happy tears for sure. My sister started crying. My brother holding it together. I was almost close to tears. I smiled and went to hug my parents. My sister is alive and well. She'll make it home. And I make sure that accident never happens again.

"What about the incident?" I ask, breaking away.

"What about it?" My dad asks.

"To prevent it happening again. You must have an alternative to stop her from falling again. For future sakes." My dad looked to my mom.

"She is right. How do we stop it if it happens again?" My mom says to my dad.

"Then she sleeps down here. One of us at least will stay down here with her and if she needs to go to toilet or go for a bath, someone stays with her when she goes up and down the stairs." All my siblings and I nodded in agreement.

"I won't let her out my sight." I say. My dad smiled and patted my shoulder. My sister is coming home.