Home at Last

Millie

Me, finn, Paige, Charlie and Dad had to come home as hospital became uncomfortable and staying made us worry. Paige and Charlie went to bed whilst me and Dad were up downstairs on the couch. Finn joined us and stayed with me through the whole thing.

"Does your parents know where you are?" My dad asked.

"Yeah. I just got off the phone with my mom. She sends her best for you lot." My dad nods and looks to the TV.

I held finn's hand secretly without my dad knowing and smiled. Thanking Finn for staying. I started feeling hungry so I got up and made myself a sandwich. I heard footsteps approaching and there came Finn. He looked worried for a second.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine. For now." I press my bread together and start tucking in. He helped himself to some bread and butter. He slapped some ham inbetween and ate it whole. "Pig!" I joked whilst taking a biteful.

"Says you." He says wiping his face with his sleeve.

"I'm glad you stayed with me. Through this." Just before I could continue my phone went off and I got so many missed calls from Sadie. "Hello? Sadie!"

"OMG! Just heard the news. Are you alright? Is Ava alright? Is finn with you?" So many questions, I didn't know which to answer.

"Calm down Sades. I'm alright. Ava is still in hospital and yes. Finn is with me." I answered at once.

"Good to hear youre fine. Is it okay to come round tomorrow. I wanna see you and help you get through this." Aw! Isn't Sadie sweet?

"Thanks. But I have Finn helping me. I would love some company though. Just you though. No one else and don't tell no one about Ava."

"Millie! I think everyone knows. The news spreads fast." Sades was telling me.

"Just you though, right?" I ask.

"Yeah. Only me." She spoke.

"Great! See you tomorrow." I say.

"Bye." Sades leaves the line and I set my phone back in my pocket.

"Is that Sadie?" Finn asked.

"Yeah. She was asking about Ava? And me." I say. "She's coming tomorrow to check on me." Finn smirks and I lean in and hug Finn. He wraps his arms round my small, thin body and I felt his heart beat inside his chest. It's like heaven. He's my angel. I can't wish for a better friend/boyfriend ever. I love him to pieces. Really.