Happy Surprise

Millie's POV.

I arrived home happy after hearing the news on my sister. I was so happy I kissed Finn in front of everyone. It was okay though. My dad was cool about it.

"I'm so glad she pulled through." Finn spoke as we entered mine. It was just me and him. Everyone stayed at the hospital. It was 8 pm and I was too happy to sleep. The best birthday wish was knowing my sister was going to be okay.

"It's a birthday miracle." I spoke proudly. I span around happy and turned to Finn. "What do you want to do?" I ask Finn. He smiled and paused. He shrugged and I shrugged too. I sat on the sofa and smiled. I couldn't get the news out my head. It was a wonderful surprise. I turned to Finn. He looked at me and I slipped into his arms. My head rested on his shoulder. His arm wrapped round my neck as we leaned back on the sofa.

"What now?" Finn asked.

"I don't know. We're home alone for now and it'd still my birthday." I look to Finn and we just stared. I had an idea what to do but I don't know if he'll agree. "How about watching Netflix." I ask.

"Yeah sure. Do you have popcorn?" He asked.

"Popcorn? It's not the cinema." I said standing up.

"Yeah, I know. But it's cool." I laugh under my breath. I look to the floor and think.

"Sure. Why not?" We grab the popcorn and head upstairs in my room. We sit and lay on my bed. We pick a film and started to tuck into the popcorn.

(A few moments later)

I was starting to fall asleep when suddenly I heard the door go. I wokd up and saw Finn asleep on my bed. I shake him to wake him up.

"Finn!" I call. He wakes up and looks to me. "I think someone is at the door?" I spoke.

"Which door?" He asks.

"The front door. Come with me." Finn got up and we walked out my room and downstairs. Everything was in pitch darkness. I wondered if I turned off the lights before we went upstairs.

"Why is it dark? Did you turn the lights off?" Finn asked me. I kept quiet and suddenly ths lights went on and people jumped out on me.

"SURPRISE!" All my family and friends were here. Birthday banners and balloons. One said 15 on it and I was surprised to see my mom and dad together at home.

"Happy birthday princess." My mom said. I turned to Finn.

"Did you know about this?" I ask finn. He shaked his head.

"No he didn't know. We wanted to surprise you. I know you had a rubbish day but we will make it up to you." My mom spoke. I smiled and hugged my parents. I thanked them both and proceeded to look around the room and see my friends. I walked up to them all. Caleb, Gaten, Noah, Sadie, Sophia and the last person I wanted to see. Maddie.

"Don't panic. We spoke and Maddie seems to moved on from Iris." Sophia spoke.

"For how long?" I ask.

"Forever. I'm sick of her lies and her awful behaviour. You did a good thing beating her up last time. It made a something tick inside me. I finally saw who I become. I didn't like it and I wanted to make it up to you lot. Especially you two. The words we said were not true. Maybe for Iris but I didn't mean any of it. You both are cute and adorable together and km sorry if we almost broke you two up." I felt Finn's hand slip into mine. I let the information run through my brain. Should I forgive Maddie? I leaned in, removing my hand from Finn's and hugged Maddie. I can see a good friendship happening here.