Let Me Explain

Finn's POV.

I couldn't stop running after Millie. I can't let her think I wanted to kiss Iris. Who would? I ran and repeatedly called out Millie's name.

"Millie! Wait, Millie!" We were near her house and sped up to reach her before she goes inside her house. I mahanhe to get close and as she opens the door and goes to shut it, I push the door and stick my foot in the door. "Millie! Please let me explain. It was not what you think. She kissed me." I could her crying.  "Please." I begged. I didn't remove my foot until I could feel her pushing on the door. "Millie, my foot hurts."

"Move it then." She cried.

"Then you'll shut the door on me." There was silence and my foot couldn't take no more. I remove my foot and the door slammed shut. I'm guessing Millie's weight pushed the door. I could hear her crying. It was low and on the floor. I kneeled down on the other side of the door, staring through the wood. "Please, Millie. I would not hurt you ever. Iris... She's poison and evil. She can make things look worse than it actually is." I could hear soft cries. "It's hard to hear over the crying." The crying stopped and I felt the pressure on me.

"What you saying?" She sounded on the opposite side.

"Let me in and explain. I just need to see you and explain what really went on." Everjthjng was quiet and the door opened. I looked up and saw how red Millie's eyes were. Her short hair messy from running. I got up and she burst out crying again. I leaned in and gave her a big hug. She cried on my shoulder as I wrapped her in my arms.

(A few moments later)

We were sat in the living room and Millie's eyes were red and puffy. I told her what had happened and she forgave me. I asked her how her day was and she kept quiet.

"Millie?" I spoke. She looks to me and takes a deep breath.

"I saw... M-maddie. She came up to me and told me she had split from Iris and wanted to change." She told me.

"Do you believe her?" I ask her.

"I don't know. Considering that you said Iris was alone and she had no one around just proves that Maddie was right. I let Sadie chase her off." Millie looked down at herself. I held her hand.

"It's okay. You didn't know." I said taking all the weight off her guilt.

"I guess... I was feeling selfish. Focusing on other stuff than my own sister." I took a deep breath. Millie turned her head as I did so.

"Millie! I know you feel guilty and sad for your sister but trust me when I say this. It's your birthday and your sister would want you to be happy and cherish your birthday with or without her. She would be giving you her best wishes." Millie smiled and I smiled too. The phone rang and Millie picked up.

"Hello?" She spoke. A moment of silence. "I know my phone went off." She continued. "What?" I froze as I tried to read her facial expression. "Really?" I wanted to know what was happening.

"Millie..." She looked to me with a shocked face. Was it good or bad?

"Yeah. I'm coming. I'll bring Finn too." She spoke. I waited until she was finished speaking. "See you soon. Thanks." She ends the call and I wanted to know.

"Millie?" She looks to me.

"It was my mom. She wants me to come to the hospital. There's been news on Ava." I was surprised.

"Is it good?" I ask. Millie shrugs.

"My mom didn't say. Let's go." Millie and I set off to the hospital to find out news on Ava. I hope something good has happened. Something good on Millie's birthday. I'm hoping Ava's wish coming true. Ava might pull through.