Gang

Finn

During first period, I was worrying. I don't know why as me and Millie have been separated before but I haven't heard or seen out from her. I have been swamped with everything that has been going on. My brother moved out and my mom and dad are arguing. They do fight a lot and it doesn't surprise me. I wish my life was as simple as Millie's.

"Finn!" I felt someone tap me and I turned and saw Noah. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"I'm fine." I say turning in my seat.

"Look, if you need to talk, I'm right here." Noah was such a good friend. But I can't tell him I miss Millie so much. That would make me clingy.

"I know. I'm fine." I answer. I couldn't wait till bell rang.

-

I raced out the class and down the hall. I need to see Millie.

"Finn!" I hear Noah call after me. I stop and turn. "Your class isn't that way." He told me.

"Yeah I know. I'm just going to toilet." I lied.

"It's Millie isn't it?" He asks.

"What?" I ask.

"You miss her and you wanna see her." He got through my lie.

"No. I have seen her last night actually." I lied again.

"You're such a bad lair Finn." Noah said grabbed me by putting his arm round and walking me down to the right way to class. I turned behind. I need to see Millie.

Noah took me to our next class. I sat down feeling lost without Millie. Noah won't even let me see her for a quick moment. Is something going on with him and her?

"Hey. Is anyone sitting here?" Some lass said looking down at me. I looked to the seat and shake my head. She takes her seat and I look to the door. I didn't realise I was staring till the girl next to me caught my attention. "Are you new here?" She asks me. I turn my attention to her.

"Yeah. I'm Finn Wolfhard." I gesture my hand out to her and we shake hands.

"Nice to meet you Finn. I'm Grace." She smiled. I smiled back and looked back to the door. "Are you waiting for someone?" She asks.

"No." I answer turning back to her. She smiled and looked down at her books. I turned away and made an awkward face. Geez!

-

Half the class was boring as I just didn't pay attention. Didn't Millie have a class by now or is she on her break. I kept looking at the door but nothing. What was I expecting? To walk in and hug me? She was in her own class right now.

"Finn! Can I ask you a question?" I turn to Grace. "Is there a reason why you're looking at the door and not at the work the teacher set for you?" She asked.

"It's nothing. I just want to see someone right now." I told her.

"Is this person special?" She asks.

"You could say that." I smiled.

"Well, who ever it is, I hope they know how much they mean to you." She smiled and packed her books as class was beginning to finish. I grabbed my stuff and was about to leave till I heard someone call my name.

"Wolfhard!" I turn and walk to the desk. I waited till everyone left till the teacher had a word with me. "I need you to focus in class. I know it's your first day but we tend to go straight into learning as fast as normal. I need you to focus next lesson. Can you do that for me?" He asks me. I nod. "You may be excused." He says. I walk out and meet Noah.

"Knew you would get in trouble." Noah commented.

"He told me to focus. It was not telling off." I told Noah.

"I didn't say telling off. I said I knew you would get in trouble." Noah said. I tried to ignore him as we paced off to the dinner hall. I looked around to find the others and lucky I saw Caleb, Gaten & Sadie. We made our way over and smiled at the others.

"Hey!" We all said.

"Where's Millie?" I ask the other three. Noah shakes his head.

"I knew he would mention her." Noah commented.

"We don't know. I didn't have class with her." Sadie said. Suddenly a girl came up and sat beside Sadie.

"Guys! This is Lila. She's going to be part of our gang." Sadie said smiling.

"Does Millie know?" I ask straight away.

"She met her but doesn't know." Sadie tells me.

"Why do you always plan this behind her back. You must like hurting her feelings." I say. I couldn't stop myself from speaking.

"Hey, hey! Calm down Finn." Gaten said to me.

"I'm sorry but what happened last time nearly ruined your friendship with her." I told them. "She ran away from you all because you never plan or tell her anything. You just invite whoever you want in the group, to fill in the missing space of Millie." I couldn't stop.

"It doesn't look like she cares. Look!" Caleb said. I turned my attention and saw her walk-in with some random girl. I looked at the other girl and recognised her. Maddie Ziegler! I stood up as they came close.

"Guys! This is Maddie. Shes been through so much in the last period. She had a hard breakup." She told us all.
I stayed standing. "Sit down Maddie." Maddie went to sit down and Millie looks to em and walks past. What's happening right now? Millie sits next to Maddie away from me. I sit next to Maddie and Noah.

"So what's everyone eating?" Gaten asks breaking the awkward silence. No one answered. I made eyes at Sadie.

"Millie!" Sadie calls Millie's name. "Is it okay if Lila joins our gang?" She asks.

"Sure! It's fine. As long as Maddie can join our group." Millie's says catching Sadie's attention.

"It's fine." She answered. Millie smiled and shared eyes with Maddie. I look to Millie and she moves her attention to elsewhere.

Why is she refusing to look at me?