How's Millie

Finn

I woke up on the Brown's sofa when I heard the door bell go. I sat up and rubbed my eyes as Millie approached the door and opened. The person on the other side came in and screamed. I shivered and squealed as her scream went right through me.

"Aw, Millie. Sorry to hear about Ava." Sadie says. Millie looks to me and I nod and look to Sadie who turns to look at me.

"You still here!" Sadie asks.

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask. Millie closes the door and pushes Sadie into the kitchen. Something was up with Millie. She went straight to bed after eating. I couldn't go up so I slept downstairs.

I moved to the kitchen to earwig.

"What's up?" I hear Sadie ask Millie.

"You haven't said anything? Have you?" Millie asks.

"About what?" Sadie asks.

"About... you know..." Millie was hiding something.

"No! Look you need to tell him. Your family might be busy to help you celebrate but you need to let him know. Don't you want him to treat you?" Treat her?

"My mom and dad are busy with Ava in the hospital. No one will celebrate with me and I don't want to celebrate when my sister is suffering." I couldn't sneak no more. I came into the kitchen and smiled at them both.

"Uh. tell him." Sadie coughed. Millie turned to Sadie and then to me. I stopped and waited.

"It's my birthday tomorrow. And with my family being at the hospital and that. They won't have time to celebrate." I nod and take everything in.

"I know." I said. "I was going to surprise you. You know I remember your birthday from last time." I told Millie.

"Well there you go. Don't worry Millie. You will have your day." Sadie smiled at us both and awed us. I don't know why though. Only me and Millie shared a look before smiling and laughing.