#35

-AUTHOR's POV-

Christiana: And all I ever could do was to comfort her. She explained how she ended up getting beaten every single day. Her step father was an evil person. He married her mother only for his greed. He was her father's colleague. He offered to marry her and promised to help Y/N raise perfectly. But that was all a lie. After their marriage, he turned to a whole different person. He would often come home drunk and would beat her mom. Y/N didn't know any of this till the day of her mother's dead. After her mother died he started to beat Y/N. He would often beat her and she would hide them with hoodies and masks.
Jungkook: Wh..at?

Jungkook were at loss of words. She had been abused for so many years. Not only her but also her mom.

Jungkook: But why didn't she asked anyone for help? And if you knew why didn't you help her? Why did you stay quite?
Christiana: Do you think she had any other choice? She was little and had no power in her hands while that man was one of the best lawyers. She begged me to not inform the police cause it could end badly. She had her reasons to not protect herself.

Jungkook: But why would he beat her? Such a young girl?
Christiana: He was a criminal lawyer. He had been with criminals for every deals. What more do you expect from a person like him? Besides he had his greed which blinded his eyes.

Jungkook: What greed are you talking about?
Christiana: Her dad was also a lawyer but he wasn't a criminal lawyer like her step father. Her dad was quite famous for his performance in law and also they were wealthy. But all of the money is under Y/N's name.

Jungkook: What?!
Christiana: Yes...

Jungkook: Then why did her mom got married again?
Christiana: Well, after her dad died her classmates, neighours and other people who knew her family but always envied her started to tease her saying she had no father to protect her no longer and stuffs which influenced her growing up a lot. She was 5 when her dad died. She took all the words to her heart and cried to her mom every single night saying she wants her dad back. But we all know that was impossible. Junho took the chance and offered to marry her and be Y/N's dad. Her mom agreed for her sake. But all her hopes went in vain when she came to know his trueself.

Jungkook: Why didn't her mom asked for help? If she did then none of this would have happened and she wouldn't be how she is today.

He said while gritting his teeth. He was mad, beyond mad.

Christiana: She couldn't. Cause she was threatened that he'll hurt Y/N if she does anything. Besides even if she did he would somehow prove himself innocent. He was good at that.

There was a moment of silence. Too much information for Jungkook to take in. First of all, Y/N was born a wealthy family. Second of all, she had been abused for 7 years without protecting herself or even trying to protect herself.

"What is her reason? Why didn't she tried to protect herself?" Jungkook couldn't think straight. The thought of being beaten for so many years terrified him so much then how did she even endure the pain all alone this whole time?