#40

-JUNGKOOK's POV-

It was 3 in the morning but it seemed like sleep has abandoned you long ago. You were sitting on the couch in the living room, feeling so much pain inside your heart.

You couldn't believe what you've discovered. Holding the piece of paper in your hand you were debating whether to let this happen or not.

"But how can I survive after this? How can I live knowing...sh-she..." And you let your tears to fall one by one.

"Why did she...?"

●●Falshback●●

You were holding her small, fragile figure in your arms, saying sweet words over and over, patting her back softly, trying to let her know that you were there. No matter what or how big the issue was, you were there, beside her.

After some hours she finally calmed down. But she fell unconscious due to too much crying.

You kissed her forehead. "I won't let anyone hurt you anymore. I promise, love."

Seeing her puffy red eyes, tears sticking on her cheeks you felt the urge to kill that person who hurt her so bad, but he was already dead.

You slowly laid her down on the bed, trying not to wake her up. Pulled the blankets over her small frame.

Y/N: M-mom....

You felt a string pain in your chest. "I promise that I'll erase all your bad memories with only sweet ones."

When you were about to go away you felt her fingers around yours.

Y/N: I-I'm s-scared.... Pl-lease don't g-go....

She said in her sleep. "Is she having a nightmare again?" You decided to stay with her.

As you put off your jacket and put it on her study table an envelope fell down. "Huh? What's that?"

You picked the envelope. "It looks something official. What could it be?"

You were debating whether to see what's inside or not. Curiosity won the best of you as you opened the envelope and pulled out the letter inside it.

---

Miss Y/N,

We are glad to inform you that your application has been accepted and you are chosen to study in abroad with the scholarship.

You will be provided with staying facilities and financial expenses.

Confirm us before 18th December to continue further procedures.

Enclosures needed for further procedures are: Two passport size photographs, a photocopy of your passport, all your academics certificates.

Sincerely,
UNBC

---

●●End of Falshback●●

"She's leaving me...S-she is going to leave soon..." Your lips trembled. The thought of her leaving somehow terrified you to dead. "W-why?..W-why would she...?"

"Of course she would! Don't you remember how you treated her?! You were no better than her father! Besides you made it clear to her that you would divorce her. You are the one at fault!" You chucked bitterly. You laughed at yourself how much she had changed you, how much pathetic you've become.