#42

-AUTHOR's POV-

●●●
Little Y/N was sitting on her papa's lap while he was reading her a fairytale.

Papa: And that's how she met the love of her life. Happy ending~

She made a poker face. Her papa noticed his princesses change of mood and asked,

Papa: What's wrong, princess?
Y/N: How did she know he was her prince charming?

She asked pouting making her papa chuckle at her adorable-self.

Papa: Why do you ask?
Y/N: It.. He could be that monster who wanted her love to die. Monsters have that ability, right papa?

Papa: Sure they do.
Y/N: Then- then it could be that scary monster disguised as her love. Or it could be someone else she mistook  as her love, right?

Papa: Sweetheart, you are too curious for your age.

He replied while giggling at her which only widen her pout.

Papa: Okay, okay. I'll tell you.

And that made her eyes sparkled like shinning stars in the sky during night.

Papa: Every princess has her prince charming somewhere in this world who will come for her in the right time, in the right moment. And when that time comes, she feels all the euphoric feelings she has never felt in her entire life.
Y/N: What are those feelings?

Papa: It is love.
Y/N: What is love?

Papa: Love encompasses a variety of strong and positive emotional and mental states, ranging from the most sublime virtue or good habit, the deepest interpersonal affection and to the simplest pleasure.

She furrowed her eyebrows which indicated that those words were heavy for the little girl. He slightly laughed at his lost daughter.

Papa: Love is a choice you make to give to your loved one on a daily basis. In giving, you spend your life force, your time and energy onto making the other person happy, safe and content. Love spans time and space and is not dependent upon your physical circumstances. It is the wide on of the hearts. Do you get it now?

She nodded. Though at that time she was little, she couldn't carry the heavy meanings of those words.
●●●

Y/N woke up panting hard seeing her papa in her dreams after long time. She almost forgot those sweet memories with her papa. At that time, she was only four, didn't know the differences between right and wrong. She was just an ordinary girl like any other. But fate had different plans for her and soon crashed her world upside down.

A single tear rolled down her cheeks. "I miss you, papa...." She woke up and went to the bathroom. When she looked at the mirror after washing her face she gasped. Her neck had so many purple marks, more definite hickneys.

She traced her skin where the marks laid. "So...It-it wasn't a dream after all.... It was true....

Last night I looked at you and I could feel it. I could feel the love that filled my entire body. The kind that made my toes curl and the kind of love that circulated through my veins. I could feel myself blush from having all types of emotions running rampant against my skin. The kind of love that made me want to scream all my worries and fears out so they have no way of finding their way back in. The kind that took my breath away just by the mention of our love being spoken in your tone. A soft voice that whispered kindness and sweet promises.