Chapter 2

The walk to school wasn't that long because I didn't live that far from school. Only about twenty minutes or so. Something most kids don't like to happen. They want to live as far from school as they can because they don't want to look at school any more than they have to. Phillip walked ahead of William and I, trying to get us to hurry up. He was wound so tightly, I thought One questin is, why doesn't Phillip just run ahead to school and leave us? Dad won't let him. He says that kids get kidnapped everyday walking to school, and one way to prevent it was to walk in a group. Another question is: What is at school that Phillip wants to get there so bad? His friends. Phillip loves to hang out with his friends. He hasn't seen them face to face all summer because they went to football camp. They sent letters to each other asking how their girlfriend was or something and how was the excersises there. Last question is: Why didn't Phillip go too? Mom and Dad didn't have enough money to send him to camp. William was a little more easy going. He saw his friends every day. Actually, I think his friends saw him more than we did.

At school, Phillip ran to the bleachers where the football players hang out, without a single word. William waved goodbye and headed to the baseball field to see his friends. I went to The office to get my schedule and then went to find Georgia. Finally, after looking through the whole of the English building, I found her writtng in her Diary by the flagpole. Her red hair falling around her face, shielding herself from passerbys. She never was one to talk to anyone.

"Gia," I called running over to her. She looked up and saw me. She grinned and hurried over to meet me half way.

"Missed you so much," Gia said,after she got through hugging me. Gia was her nickname I gave her because Georgia was too long to say. Sometimes Gia would call me Kat, which I didn't mind.

 Gia had English with me first period. I was glad of that, because I already knew someone in there. The first day of school always gets me nervous because I don't know anyone in any classes. Though, once I get to know everyone in the class, I have a blast.

"Why did they fire Mrs. Pat?" Gia asked absentmindedly, grabbing her Diary from the ground and shoving it into her purple camo backpack.

"I think she was sleeping with a Freshman." I hesitantly told her. I wasn't exactly sure because William never told me anything. The Freshman was an old friend of William's from Elementry School. I don't remember his name or anything. All I know is that when William heard the rumor, he went to his friend and asked if it was true, then asked how it felt. I was pretty sure that it was true, but knowing William, he could've been talking about anything.

Gia shook her head in shame. "That's stupid and terrible. Now that Kid will have to deal with the fact that he slept with his teacher in High School for the rest of his life." She said with disgust.

Gia was the kind of girl that wanted to do the best in school, think about the future, and hated teachers that slept with their students. She was often teased because she was a brainiac, but she wouldn't care. As long as she got good grades, and had me for a friend, she was on top of the world. I was the opposite of her. I liked school, but was fine with doing okay, never thought about the future, and didn't judge. Well, except if you're my brothers, then I'd judge your hair, clothes,. and the way you act. It's just the way I am.

Just then, the bell rang for first hour. Gia and I got our stuff and headed for the English building. I looked at my transcript for the room number: E-43. That meant it was in the Einglish building number 43. There was a small crowed outside 43, which meant that Mr. Horan wasn't here yet. I groaned in disbelief.

It was about ten minutes before Mr. Horan got there. He came running with a laptop bag and his blonde brown hair waving in all directions. I had to admit he was cute. He was wearing baggy-ish blue jeans, a short-sleeve button-up shirt with a zip-up hoodie in his left hand.

"Sorry, lads. I overslept my alarm." He huffed, unlocking the door. He had an Irish accent. Somehow, I could see him dressing like a leaprecon and doing the Irish Jig. (I DONT KNOW IF THAT'S REALLY WHAT ITS CALLED OR NOT.) The kids piled in, as Mr. Horan turned on the lights. Everything was in the exact same place that Mrs. Pat left it last year. She obviously didn't get to keep anything except her pictures of her family.

Gia and I took a seat in the back close to Mr. Horan's desk. They were the only ones open. "Okay, this is Junior English. I'm Niall Horan, or Mr. Horan to you all, I have an older brother, love to eat, and can play the guitar," Mr. Horan introduced himself. Then he went on, "How many of you can play the guitar?" 

A few hands went up, including mine. Mr. Horan nodded. "Now, let's go around the room and I want you all to stand up, tell me your name, and three things about yourselves." He pointed to me. I reluctantly got up and started, "My name's Katlyne Janet Derms, I have two brothers, Phillip Markus Derms, who is a Senior this year, and William Jackson Derms, who's a Sophomore. I wrote some songs this summer to pass the time, and my favorite color is green."

Mr. Horan nodded and started to clap, the class followed. Gia was next. She said she loved to spend time with me, as expected. The class was first to clap this time. Gia was known for being popular at being not popular, if that makes any sense. The introductions were boring. There was 30 kids in that room, and the introductions just lasted about 25 to 30 minutes. Mr. Horan then told us what we needed for this class. Mostly just pens, pencils, and notebooks. Then he gave us a syllubus to get signed by our parents. I shoved the paper into my bag.

"Okay, since I've nothing planned for today, you all can talk quietly." Mr. Horan announced. Gia turned around in her seat.

"Cute isn't he?"

I looked up from my drawing. It looked like a horse, but was suppose to be a cat. I was a terrible drawer. "Who? Mr. Horan?" I asked. She nodded slightly. I smiled. "Sure, for a teacher."

"Exscuse me class," Mr. Horan inturupted the many conversations going on. "I have some books that I need checked over for marks and tears, then rated on good or bad. Who would be willing to give up their lunch hour for me?" Several hands shot up in the air, mostly girls. Mr. Horan looked around, but before he could chose, the phone rang. He went to answer it as the hands slowly desended.

"Speaking of lunch, I'm going to the doctor around 11, so I'm eating out today." Gia said. I hated being alone. I slowly raise my hand as Mr. Horan got off the phone. "Yes, Miss Derms?"

"Would you mind if I voluntered my help at lunch?" I asked. Mr. Horan smiled.

"Of course not. Thank you very much." He answered with a  big grin.

The bell rang a few minutes later. I left with Gia, wanting lunch to get here. I have to admit, I think I have a small crush on my teacher. Though, don't students have crushes all the time?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Vote and comment.

 FAN ME!!!!!!!