Chapter 32

~(Luna's Pov)~

The sound of thunder woke me up so I decided to watch the rain with Bronxe while Nico was still asleep.

How far off is the thunder? I sat and wondered, the thunder had a loud echo so it was pretty far away.

"What are you doing?" I heard, I looked over my shoulder and saw Nico standing behind me while rubbing his eyes.

"The sound of thunder woke me up, so I decided to watch the rain. Do you have a problem with that?" I said in a duh tone.

"I-it doesn't bother me. I was just curious. What's on you're wrist?" Nico asked, pointing at the snowflake. It got hot with the sweater on, so I took it off when I woke up.

I quickly covered it up, "it's nothing."

"Let me see" Nico reached over to my arm and I growled at him for him to back away.

"Get away" I growled, he backed away.

"I just wanted to see" Nico replied.

"When can we leave?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Uhm, where did you get those clothes?" Nico asked, even though I just changed the subject.

"I bought it with my money" I replied, I had to make up some lie.

"With what money?" He asked.

"With this money" I pulled out the leftover change from my pocket.

"Oh" he replied, I put the change back in my pocket.

"Well? When are we leaving?" I asked.

"I don't know, tomorrow maybe" Nico replied.

"I don't understand why we can't leave now" I said.

"Don't you see that it's raining outside?" Nico asked.

"What's the rain going to do? Oh wait, I forgot the tiny, harmless rain droplets are going to hurt you." I sassed.

"Are you still mad?" Nico asked.

"About what?" I asked and crossed my arms.

"You know. When that Aphrodite girl charmspeaked me into kissing her" Nico said in a duh like tone. Now he's going to make up excuses?

"Luna, whatever you do don't kill or hurt Nico. His blood will be on you're hands and you'll be blamed for it. Trust me" Bronxe reassured and put his paw on my shoulder reassuringly.

"Nico, I don't want to talk about that" I slumped into the couch.

"You can't hide away from all you're problems" Mr. Captain Obvious said.

I turned away from Nico. "I just did."

"You can't be that mad at me" Nico replied.

"Well I am that mad at you" I said.

"You really can't forgive me? Let me tell you my side of the story at least" Nico said.

"Nico, I trusted you. Then that happens, I won't forgive that easily. I might not even forgive you at all" I replied.

I got up with Bronxe in my arms and went inside the bathroom without saying another word. I leaned backwards on the the door and slowly slid down until I was sitting on the ground. My tears blured my vision as the memory replayed over and over again.

Bronxe crawled up to my face and started licking the salty tears off my face. "You're value doesn't decrease based on someone's inability to see you're worth."

I smiled at the bear infront of me. "How did I get so lucky with such an awesome bear like you?" I asked.

"Because I'm awesome like that" I giggled at his reply.

"You're so silly" I ruffled the fur on his head.

I wiped off the leftover tears and walked back to couch and sat down.

"Were you crying?" Nico questioned, squinting at me.

"No, I was not crying" I imitated Nico, he just rolled his eyes and looked away.

"You sure we can't go back to camp now?" I asked.

"How come you're being so selfish?! I'm tired, I've travelled to Alaska from Long Island just to find you! And this is the thanks I get?! No! We're staying here until I have enough energy to go all the way back to Long Island!" He snapped at me, me. But I don't want to get started with who went through more trouble. But in my opinion, I think I want through more trouble.

I stood up calmly and went over to the door. "I'll see at Camp, then."

I quickly put my sweater on and grabbed Bronxe before walking outside the room.

When I went outside, the cold air basically smacked me in the face. I wandered around the streets of Alaska, searching for some type of sign. An animal who knows the way back. Somebody who can room on their plane ride home. Anything.

I found myself in the woods a little bit later, the sound of snow crunching under my feet was the only thing I could hear. The only thing that seemed familiar to me.

"It's hopeless, this is hopeless, I'm going to eventually get hypothermia and die. I give up" I rested my forehead on a tree.

"Everyone wants happiness. No one wants pain. But you can't have a rainbow, Without a little rain" Prometheus' voice echoed in my head, I think I'm going insane.

"I'm so confused, I'm scared, I'm worried. I just want to go back to camp, I need to go back to camp. I want to be in the comfort of my cabin, not the comfort of a 19th century basement" I said, squeezing Bronxe in my arms.

"Who are you talking to?" Bronxe asked, I ignored him.

"Luna, you have to leave that area. Now" Prometheus stated, I was pretty curious why, though.

"Why?" I asked, looking around. I saw nothing, therefore there was nothing.

"Listen to this one order. Now. Run as fast as you can, scream out rape. Just go" Prometheus demanded, I heard a twig snap and I bolted.