Chapter 45

~(Nico's Pov)~

She was right behind me, inches away from each other, but far away from camp.

With the Minotaur not too far behind us, she made the biggest mistake of her life...

She stopped and ran towards the Minotaur with only an arrow.

"What are you doing?! Your going to die!" I shouted, hardling seeing her in the midst of the pouring rain.

"It's fine! Just go to camp!" Her voice sounded determined, but deep down she knew she couldn't beat the Minotaur with only an arrow.

She jumped on the Minotaurs back (kinda a gore warning) and stabbed the arrow upward through his jaw. He roared in pain.

He grabbed her and threw her across the field and she rammed into a boulder. Lifeless, she tried getting up while the Minotaur ran after her.

I didn't know what to do, reaching for my sword, I ran after the Minotaur and (another kinda gore warning for them innocents) sliced his throat wide open. All that remains was dust.

I put my sword away and ran towards her as she strugged to get up. Picking her up bridal-style, I ran to Thalia's tree but then she said something; "leave me here, I'll be fine."

I stopped in my tracks, amazed and stared at her. "No you won't, you'll die! I can sense your life fading away!"

"I was created outside this camp, I'm dying outside this camp. Now go before he comes back" Tears filled my eyes knowing those words will be the one of the last things she'll say.

"I-I love you. Please don't go, please" I sobbed and hugged her tightly, getting her blood all over myself.

Her breaths were slow and shaky as her heartbeat slowed down, slower and slower. "I love you, too," she breathed out before closing her eyes, hardling breathing.

"Don't go... Luna" I cried and hugged her tighter as her life faded away from my grasp. Her lifeless body in my arms as only it was felt only just like yesterday I met her and now, she's gone.

~(the dream is over! But still in Nico's Pov)~

I flew up, sweating from the nightmare. I had to see her and make sure she's okay. She has to be okay. She needs to be okay.

But how? I thought. Getting an idea, and looking over to the darkness looming throughout the room. I did the only option I could. I shadow-traveled to Luna's cabin.

From the shadows of her cabin, I gazed at her as she slept. It's not weird if I'm just checking up on her.

She cuddled with Bronxe as she smiled in her sleep, I'm glad she didn't have a nightmare, unlike me.

The soft sound of her and Bronxe snoring filled the room, I couldn't help but smirk. I wanted to get closer, I wanted to sit on her bedside and hold her hand. But I couldn't, all because a child of Aphrodite had to ruin it. Now, she's in the hands of Damien and not mine.

I gaze over at her neck, It had something on it that glowed a light blue, I couldn't make out the shape of it, but it was attached to something but I forgot what it's called. Jeez I'm old, I should know what it is!

What about the thing I saw on her wrist..? I remembered.

Silently walking over to her bed, I lifted her wrist up, nothing was on it. Going to the next one, I lifted that one up. There it was, a snowflake that was engraved in her skin. It was a white snowflake outlined in red.

Where did it come from? I asked myself.

The dinner horn sounded, I quickly ran to the shadows and back to my cabin so nobody gets suspicious.

~(Luna's Pov)~

I swear when I woke up I saw somebody running to the corner of my room and disappearing, but it's probably all in my head.

Knowing the dinner horn rang, I gently shook Bronxe awake and put on my shoes.

"What time is it?" Bronxe asked, looking over at me with tired eyes.

"I don't know, what do I look like to you? A clock? All I know is that the dinner horn sounded" I replied.

"If only camp did have clocks, though. But at least I get something to eat finally" Bronxe said.

I grabbed him and walked out the cabin, the sun was setting, I slept for that long, wow.

People passing my cabin stared and whispered among others, I hated it. The worst thing to have to deal with at camp, but at least I'm safe... hopefully.

Walking over to my cabins table, and ya' know, sitting alone, I thought of food for me and Bronxe with water to drink (imagine whatever you want to eat or drink). Listening for my table to be called, I got up and gave a portion of food to Artemis.

~(time skip)~

Dinner was silent, at least it was for me. Bronze and I, we didn't say a word to each other, we just ate our food.

Right now, I was sitting in my cabin, silently until I heard a knock on my door. Making me look up at the door.

"Who is it?" I ask loud enough for them to hear, I didn't feel like getting up and specially since I just got done eating.

"It's me" they replied, I rolled my eyes.

"Just tell me your name and why your here" I demanded.

"It's me, Damien... I've missed you" they said.

I didn't believe it at first, so I groaned and took my time getting up and going to the door to see if it was really Damien.

But to my surprise, it was Damien. I smiled at him and hugged the son of Nemesis.

But when I pulled away from the hug, he didn't seem very happy to see me as I was as happy to see him.

"Aren't you excited to see me, Damien?" I asked looking up at him.

"Um, can we talk inside your cabin for a moment?"