Chapter 10

Jack and Rose started to walk at a comfortable pace.
  "So, you're here as a favor?" Jack asked.
Rose smiled and nodded. "Yeah. You're Teacher is my friend. She said that I need a monkey wrench to the same old same old. I have a really bug monkey wrench that's in my same old same old. And she knows that. That's why when she comes back. She owes me a day out. On her of course." Rose said with a soft chuckle.
  "If you don't mind me asking..... What monkey wrench do you have?" Jack asked curiously.
  "That's personal. Sorry ...." Rose said as she looks down at the floor to watch her step as she goes down the first set of stairs.
"Oh. Sorry for asking." Jack said as he walks by Roses side.
"It's ok. I have trust issues." Rose said calmly.
"I understand. So, you mentioned that you can take your work wherever you want. What is your work?" Jack asked.
"I'm a Photographer. I own a little store out on main. Nothing fancy. I live in the upper floor. I do my work in the basement. And I display my work on the main floor. I do a variety of different things. I can never just choose one type is Photography. I like them all." Rose said with a smile.
"Wow! Maybe I'll stop by and check out your store." Jack said with a smile.
"Yeah! That would be great! I'll keep my eye out for ya." Rose said, still smiling and chucking softly.
Jack chuckles softly. Then there was a silence between them. But it wasn't awkward, it was a comfortable silence. They kept walking side by side until they got outside of the school.
"Welp, I'm over here." Jack said, pointing to his car.
"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow Jack." Rose said as she keeps walking.
Jack noticed this, "Don't you have a car?" Jack asked.
"I do. but it's at the mechanics." Rose said.
"I'll take you home. it's getting dark and it's not safe." Jack said full of concern.
Rose looked uncertain and she took a deep breath in.
"I would feel terrible if something were to happen to you and I could e done something f to prevent it." Jack added.
  Rose thought about it for a minute and then nodded her head.
"Okay. That would be great. Thanks Jack." Rose said with a smile and walked towards Jack.
Jack rushed to open the front passenger door of his car for Rose. Rose smiles and slightly blushes.
"Thank you." Rose said as she got into his car.
Jack gently shut the door and went to the front driver's side of the car. Jack started the car and drives Rose to there home on Main Street. 8 miles away from the school.
The drive over to Roses place was peacefully silent. Until they got close to Roses place and Rose directed Jack to which building is hers. Then Jack parked right in front of Roses building.
"Thanks again for taking me home." Rose said as she unbuckles her seatbelt.
Jack gets out of the car and opens Roses door for her. Rose smiled and slightly blushed.
"Thank you Kind Sir." Rose said, still smiling and lightly blushing.
"You're welcome Malady." Jack said smiling and slightly blushing.
Rose keeps her head down and walks to her building. Jack closes the door and turns around to look at Rose for a moment.
"Now I know where to go to get a great picture." Jack said.
Rose turns around to face  Jack and smiles.
"I would be more than happy to take your picture for you Jack." Rose said with a smile.
"And I know where you live." Jack said smiling and chuckling.
"Yes. Yes you do." Rose said smiling g and chuckling.
Jack and Rose stood there, starring at each other. Then they snapped out o it and went on their way.