Chapter 21

The day was quite boring and it went fairly quick. Rose, of course, had to go through the starring and asking questions about her bruise, but she didn't tell then nor let it stop her roll.
For Jack, it was busy but okay, he was mostly looking forward to seeing Rose.
Once the day was over, Rose was exhausted.
"You look tired Ms. Swan." Jack said as he stands in the doorway, waiting for her.
"Yeah. I can't wait to get home." Rose said with a soft chuckles as she approaches Jack.
"Are you sure you wanna come over for dinner? We can always reschedule." Jack said as he held out his arm for her.
Rose gently grabs Jack's arms, "I'm sure Jack. I'll be fine." Rose said with a smile as she follows Jack to his car.
Jack smiles, "Okay Ms. Swan."
Silence fell while they walked together to Jack's car. And when they made it to the car, they just went straight to Jack's home.
Rose was nervous, she has butterflies in her stomach. Then she felt a hand on hers. Rose looks over and it was Jack's hand.
"It's okay. My Mom doesn't bite.....much." Jack said.
Rose smiled and playfully slapped Jack's shoulder.
"Geez! Thanks Jack." Rose said smiling.
Jack just chuckled as he drove. Rose took one final deep breath as Jack's home comes into view.
"You got this Ms. Swan." Jack said as he shuts the car off.
"Thank you Jack." Rose said with a smile.
Jack then opened the car door for Rose and held his hand out for her to grab.
Rose smiled an blushed and gently grabbed Jack's hand as she got out.
Closing the car door, Jack leads Rose to the front door where Mrs. Reid awaits for them.
"My son is always such a charmer." Mrs. Reid said with a smile.
Jack blushed, "Mom!" he exclaimed in embarrassment.
Rose chuckles, "Oh yes, I have noticed. He's always holding the door for me an walks with me almost everywhere and taking me home." Rose teased.
"Sounds like my Jack is in love with you Ms. Swan." Mrs. Reid said chuckling.
Both Jack and Rose smiled, blushed, and had become speechless.
"Okay, let's go inside." Jack said as he gently shoos both Rose and Mrs. Reid inside.
All that Rose and Mrs. Reid could do was laugh an go inside. Once inside, Jack looks around and furrows his eyebrows.
"Whatcha lookin for Jack?" Rose asked.
Before Jack could say something, his Mom pipes up; "He's looking for the twins. Which is at a friend's place. Unless you want them here?"
"No no no no. It's fine." Jack said as he sets down his backpack.
"I kinda figured." Mrs. Reid chuckled.
"I'm gonna go get changed." Jack said as he went to his room.
"Okay Jack." Mrs. Reid said.
Mrs. Reid went to the kitchen and Rose followed suit.
"Is there something I can help with?" Rose asked.
"Yes you can. You can keep this ice pack on that bruise Missy." Mrs. Reid said as she hands Rose an ice pack.
Rose gently grabbed the ice pack and did as she was told.
"Now, just between us women....... What happened?" Mrs. Reid asked, referring to the bruise.