Chapter 27

"I, Jack Woodrow Reid, hereby claim.....that I am madly in love with this amazing girl." Jack said with his eyes closed, prepared for the rejection.
"I, Rose Swan, hereby say...." Rose starts to say then kissed Jack's cheek. "I hereby say that I am madly in love with his handsome gentleman." Rose finished with a smile.
Jack's eyes shot wide open and they both smiled at each other. Then they hugged each other very tightly. Twirling Rose around in his arms, Jack felt like a million bucks. And hugging tightly with great joy, Rose felt like she can finally be herself and safe.
All of a sudden, they kissed. They kissed a very lovingly kiss. They break the kiss and closed their eyes; touching their foreheads together. They kept saying I love you over an over. Neither of them wanted to let the other one go. So, they stood there in each other's arms until it got dark outside.
Jack set Rose down. Kissed her cheek and went home. Leaving Rose smiling and blushing like a fool. Skipping her way to her room like she was skipping in a fresh field of flowers.
When Jack got home, he couldn't get rid of the goofy smile and that deep blush from his face. Which caught the curiosity of his entire family.
"Jack, are you okay?" Mrs. Reid asked concerned.
"I'm fine. I'm in love." Jack said as he goes to his room and plops on his bed, sighing dreamily an stares at the ceiling. Thinking about Rose. What Jack said to his family left them excited and confused. But more excited than confused.
Meanwhile, Rose plops on her bed and sigh dreamily an stares at the ceiling. Neither Jack nor Rose could sleep that night. Both their minds were raci g about the other one.
That is........
Until a man breaks into Roses place......
Rose jolts up and grabs her bat that she leaves under her bed. Walking slowly towards her living room, she gets ambushed by this man. This man throws her on the couch and just starts beating her. One blow after another, the punches just kept coming. Rose didn't have a fighting chance.
Very early in the morning, Jack gets a call from Camilla; saying that Rose is in the hospital. Jack jumps up outta bed and rushes to the hospital. Panic flowing through his veins as Jack desperately gets through traffic. And once there, he was greeted by Camilla, arguing an yelling at the nurse.
"Camilla. What's going on? What happened?" Jack asked frantically.
Camilla turned around to answer Jack questions and at that same time, the nurse darts away. "Come in broke into Roses place and beat her up really badly. No one is telling me anything." Camilla answered as she looks around for another nurse.
"Why won't they tell you what's going on?" Jack asked.
"Cause NO ONE HERE UNDERSTANDS THE CONCEPT THAT ROSE SWAN IS MY FRIEND AND THE ONLY OME SHE KNOWS IN THIS ENTIRE TOWN. AND SHE HAS NO FAMILY!" Camilla shouted to the top of her lungs.
That's when all calmness broke, it was utter chaos. It was major battle between Camilla and almost all the nurses, an administrator, plus five security guards. Jack was completely frantic and panic weighed heavy on his heart.
Camilla was yelling and screaming so much, to by truthful, everyone was yelling g and screaming as much as they could. One voice trying to top another. No one wanted to be anywhere near the area of the chaos. Jack was surprised that no one started to punch anyone yet.
Thankfully the doctor that was working on Rose, come rushing out. He knew Camilla very well. He's the same doctor that takes care of Camilla and her family.
"EVERYONE PLEASE! CALM DOWN!!" Dr. Kirmustine said trying to calm everyone down.
The nurses, the administrator and the security guards all left and went about their day. Camilla and Jack stood in front of the doctor with worry filled faces.
"Rose was badly beatened. We had to do an emergency surgery. She's in ICU right now. And she is unresponsive." Dr. Kirmustine said.
Jack and Camilla we're devastated. But Jack was even more so as he drops to the floor. Camilla rushes to his side and hugs him.
"You can see her. If you want?" Dr. Kirmustine said.
Both Jack and Camilla nodded their head and got up. Dr. Kirmustine waves them to follow the and they did as told. Once there, nothing could have prepared either of them for what they were about to see. Rose was on life support, bloody, bruised and she looked like she was in some wreck.
"We have her on life support for now. But it's not looking too good." Dr. Kirmustine said.
Bother Camilla and Jack went in Roses room. Camilla went straight to her while Jack stayed back. Petting her head gently and with tears falling, Camilla could only say soothing things. Jack couldn't say anything at all, he just stood there; looking at her.
After a while, Camilla left to go to her family at home; while Jack stayed behind. When Camilla was no longer in view, Jack went to touch her. Heartbroken and lost, Jack could t bare to see life without her. Then he finally mustard just enough to hold her hand after being there 24 hours.