EP 10: SO HOW DID YOU GET THOSE ABS?

Episode 10: So How Did You Get Those Abs?

       It was a day of Mr Claude's Charity Ball which I've been dreading to go to. Only then did I realise I don't have a date. The past week flew by in a blur, or maybe I was too preoccupied with Alexander.

We continued having our usual deep talks over coffee or even pizza again, Blake didn't miss how Alex was getting more attached to me day by day. But knowing my brother, he didn't mind it at all.

Though the friend zone line was established between Alexander and I, my infactuation couldn't help itself. You can't blame me for having my heart flutter everytime he calls out my name.

I sighed, dialling the first girl who came into my mind as a date.

" Hey Gabriel!" She chirped.

" Urm hey Char, are you free this evening?" I found it rather awkward asking a girl to be my date. That was one of the downsides of being 20 years old, you had to have a date for each community event.

" Yeah, I most probably am...what's up?" Charlotte seemed relaxed.

" Would..would you care to be my date for Mr Claude's Charity Ball?"

" Of course! Oh my, I've never been to a ball! What's the theme? What should I wear? Gabriel! Help me!" She gushed out.

Typical panic-striken Charlotte Barnet

" Fancy, just come in a gown or something. Either way Char, I know you'll look beautiful." I spoke carelessly, not realising how my words would affect her.

She remained quiet for a moment,
" Thanks Gabriel...you're the sweetest...and a quite a smooth talker if you ask me." She giggled, sounding shy.

I chuckled lightly, " I'll see you later then, bye Char, thank you so much!"

I flew back down onto my bed, bouncing up slightly upon the impact.
I annoyed me how I couldn't get Alexander out of my mind, what made it worse was the one-sided infactuation.

Why couldn't he feel the same way?

The sound of my phone buzzing had me interrupted again.

It was another photo along with a message from my unknown black-mailer. This time, it was a picture of me sitting by the hut, waiting for Alex that night.

' Why bother waiting for someone you can't have? I'm all yours, you just have to say the words Gabriel.'

I read the message repeatedly, clearly irritated with these harmless messages. I headed over to Alexander's room, knocking on his door.

I thought the night we shared talking was enough to put a stop to him blackmailing but I guess I was wrong...

I knocked again, this time making it more louder. I heard him groan before the knob turned.

His hair was messy, standing in all directions and I let my eyes take a short dip down his bare chisled chest that held solid defined abs. I didn't miss his black sweatpants that hung low around his waist which gave a tease of his V-line abs.

" Yes?" My eyes shoot back up to his sunset brown orbs.

I cleared my throat. " You can stop blackmailing me now, Xander. It's not funny anymore and frankly speaking I'm quite irritated with this immature ga--" he interrupted, with wide eyes.

" Woah woah, hold up," he held one hand in the air, while his frame leaned against the door.

He squinted his eyes, " You are being blackmailed?"

"Great, now he's dumb too." I mumbled under my breath while rolling my eyes.

" Just stop it alright, Xander, I had--"

" And you think I'm blackmailing you?" He said it as though it was the most absurd thing.

" Yeah...aren't you?" I begin to doubt myself.

He bursted out laughing. He laughed, why would anyone in the right frame of mind laugh at me? He's officially insane.

" Why the hell should I blackmail you?" A faint smile still played on his lips.

" How should I know?? Maybe it strokes your universe sized ego?!" I replied sarcastically.

Without a moment of hesitation, he snatched my phone out of my hands.
I immediately yelled for it back, doing my best to reach for my phone which he dangled in the air.

He held me away with one hand while his other scrolled through my messages.

" He seems to know you, do you know him?" Alex asked with a quizzed look.

" Would I be here if I knew? Seriously you're showing me the extent of your stupidity by each passing day!" I relentlessly continued fighting for my phone.

"I'll get that bastard that is blackmailing you, maybe it's Kayden." Alex gritted out which made me stop battling against him.

Why was he feeling so riled up? What is it with Kayden?

Folding my arms across my chest, I couldn't take this anymore.
" What do you have against him? He's literally the nicest person I've ever met!"

His eyes blazed as he glared at me.
" Wait till you know the real him. He's just like--- never mind.." he turned away.

" Tell me! What is he like? Xander you have to stop shutting me off."

" I can't do this, " he shook his head sitting on the edge of his bed with his face buried in his hands.

I cautiously sat beside him, threading my fingers through his hair soothingly.

" I hate talking about my past Gab, it just opens up fresh wounds, it makes me remember how foolish I was.." he whispered, glancing up at me with his glossy eyes.

My heart ached, as much as I wanted to know every inch, I wanted him to be ready- Ready to tell me, to trust me.

I nodded, " I'm willing to wait Xander, I'll do that for you till you're ready.." I placed his head on my shoulder, he leaned in into the crook of neck.

" You're really something Gab...thank you." He spoke softly.

There we go again. My heart does a somersault with just those simple words. Do friends say that to each other?

"...so how did you get those abs?" I spoke before thinking, quickly covering my mouth.

He lifted his head, grinning at me through his tear stained cheeks. Shaking his head, he laughed quietly to himself.

" Oh Gabriel, only you can ruin a moment like this..."