EP 22: STOP OVERTHINKING

Episode 22: Stop Overthinking

Gripping the handles of my jet black motorbike, a feeling of adrenline rushed through my veins. My gut feeling had me so sure that Kara had Gabriel.

The only possible place she could have brought him to was the warehouse --- near the borders of Orlando, which meant that I'll be on a long drive till I reach there.

Did I have a plan? Nope.

Did I have a gun? Nope.

Did Blake know about my lets-save-gabriel-with-no-plan execution? Nope.

And yet, Gabriel likes me. Honestly, I can't really understand why he likes a no-brainer guy like me.

I tightened my grip on the handles, there was two things I needed to do before I make my grand entrance into the warehouse --- where it all began...

I decided to ring up Grey, my friend, who is especially important in my plan that I created just a few seconds ago.

" Alexander Wilde, it's been too long..." I hear him let out a throaty laugh.

" Prepare the boys Grey, you know how I love an epic arrival..."

Watch out Kara, you're messing with the wrong guy.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

It was day 2 of my journey, nearly 8 p.m., I was just a mile away from the warehouse.

So close to having Gabriel in my arms
I walked into a familiar shop that brought back memories that made me smile just at the thought of it.

There he stood --- huge frame, hairy arms that still gross me out and a cheeky grin that makes his tiny mustache twitch upwards. Not forgetting, his body covered in tattoos.

" Lorenzo!" I hollared out.

" Ahhhhh Alexandro!" I rolled my eyes, he could neverget my name right with his thick Italian accent.

Giving him a handshake, he pulled me into a hug which I swear caused me to taste his hairy chest. I gagged subtly.

" What you doin' here Alexandro? Another tattoo?" He winked at me.

Scratching the back of my neck, I nodded. It seemed like my legs brought me here instead of my head.

" Alright bel ragazzo, what tatto thid time? Maybe...a cross or a rose or...your mama's name? You know how she loved this place." I gave him a small smile.

" I got her birthday tattooed already, I want a tattoo on my wrist...something small but meaningful." I sat on one of the available seats, spinning around lazily.

Lorenzo scratched his mustache in thought. "The wrist? You sure son? You know your mama always said to tattoo someone special to you on your wrist. Have you found someone?" He asked curiously, taking a seat beside me --- preparing the various needles.

" How do you even know if you found that special person? It's not as though a label is imprinted over them.." I leaned back, deep in thought.

Lorenzo sighed, shaking his head with an amused smile.

" You're just like your mama, stop overthinking life like you need to have an answer to every feeling or situation. That's not how life works. We figure it all out just by living, by fucking up, by missing an opportunity, by seeking advice and not taking it. We learn what's important and what isn't. Sometimes we have no fucking idea what to do and it's scary but it's okay figlio. Always trust your gut and since your gut feeling brought you to this tattoo shop to get a tattoo, then that person must be special." Lorenzo looked into my eyes, giving my shoulder a pat.

" Remember that everything will work out exactly the way it's supposed to be. It always does. So relax, we are never in control anyway. I never knew my wife would be the one I breathe each day for until I finally did what my heart told me to do. I fell in love with that crazy woman." He let out a chuckle, glancing over at her picture that was framed up by the wall.

I swooned at their love, I found theor love so precious. Can you imagine that? Someone talking so fondly of you when you're not around, someone who would lay down their life for you is something so raw and priceless.

" I wanna get that tattoo Lorenzo...I really love him and I don't think I'll ever stop." My mind drifted of to Gabriel's unique ocean blue green eyes and the way his eyes would squint when he was thinking hard. Or how he loved biting his lip, and the way he looked at Angie -- so lovingly.

I thought of way he spat sarcastic remarks especially at me or how his narrow mindedness could get on my nerves --- god I loved every inch of him, the little things he did was eating me up alive.

"And what tattoo would that be?" Lorenzo began flipping through the magazine of tattoos.

Licking my chapped lips, I grabbed a pencil.
" Could I draw it out for you? "