EP 38: THE HIGHEST BID

Episode 38: The Highest Bid

4 years after Alexander left...

" Your masterpiece is absolutely stunning Mr Harris!" Pablo, a wealthy CEO of the Fine Arts Museum complimented. I beamed in pride, my art work titled Astounding Grace hung against the white wall.

Tonight, this painting will leave my embrace, the auction will decide its fate. Its been 4 years since I drew this, on the day Alexander Wilde left me...I started my very first stroke.

The artwork was a beauty in chaos--- I would have just written Alexander on the art paper but no one would have understood the masterpiece in his name.

Call me obsessed, but I still see those honey brown eyes everytime I close my eyes. I still see his face in the crowd, and today I realised, maybe he's not coming back...

Maybe he needed more time...

I needed to move on, and this artwork was just reminding me each day of our love.

I let my eyes run over the painting once more, it was probably the last time I was going habe the privilege to admire it. I never thought my final art assignment would turn out to be worth millions, throwing my first draft at my art teacher was definitely worth it.

The artwork had a large lighthouse drawn on it, the same lighthouse Alexander and I spray painted. Beside it was the small brown hut, our spot where we confided with each other. A long paintbrush was drawn below it all, it was acting as a stable ground that held everything up. Just like how painting built up our relationship.

A helmet was drawn hovering above the hut, acting as protection just like how Alexander forced me to wear his helmet to prevent me from getting hurt in the accident.

Behind it was a large ferris wheel, reminding me of the Unicorn Carnival we brought Angie to. The same day I found out the Alexander was Angie's father. Behind the ferris wheel was a large juke box, reminding of the time we danced away in the diner.

The background was spray painted with a series of colours to represent the ups and downs in our relationship. Lastly, all of this was painted with my fingers.

Just the way Alexander liked it.

I wiped away the tear that rolled down my cheek, I really did miss him.

" Sir its time for the auction." Kathryn, my secretary reminded.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪