EP 15: I'LL JUST LET YOU DOWN

Episode 15: I'll Just Let You Down

" Oh Mr Sun! Sun! Oh Mr Golden Sun! Please shine down on me! Ohhh.." my eyes fluttered open upon hearing a familiar sweet voice.

I realised that I was resting my head on Alexander's chest, while his arm wrapped itself around my shoulder.

Yesterday was perfect. Simply perfect.
We didn't kiss, no. It went down the most emotional lane, where I let myself collapse right into his arms.

I let out all these build up of emotions, and he was right by me to wipe all those tears away. It was raw, pure...some people would call it love.

Angie was dancing amongst the field of dandelions, singing her morning wake up call.

" Morning Gab," I peered up at Alexander who kissed me lightly on my head.

" I would love to wake up like this everyday." I nuzzled my face against his chest, enjoying the warmth of his embrace.

" I know, I'm quite a gorgeous sight to look at." His cocky attitide spoiled the moment once more.

" You know what? I made a mistake, this was the worst sleep ever!" I bounced up onto my feet, strolling over to Angie while Alexander threw his head back laughing.

" Morning angel!" I was in a cheery mood for some reason, swinging her around in the air.

She lets out giggles, the cold morning air tickling her rosy cheeks. I couldn't express this new fuzzy feeling within me, I felt like one of those creeps who just wanted to spread love to the world.

"We should head home," I sighed, carrying Angie towards Alexander who was packing.

" Uncle Gabriel? Will you come with me to the Unicorn Princess Carnival?" Angie shyly asked, her cute green eyes doll eyes full of life.

I glanced back at Alexander, who was already giving me a grin.
" Sure angel." I kissed her cheek.

" It will be you, me and ---" she paused mid sentence, with lost fearful eyes. She was staring at something pass me, thus I turned back to see Alexander giving her a subtle stern glare.

As though he was warning her with his eyes.
" It will b-be you, me and Alex." She corrected, covering up her pregnant pause with a toothy grin.

I glanced skeptically at Alexander who gave me an innocent smile, as though nothing just happened.

Something is up, and I know the exact person to go to to figure it all out.

Kara.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

Stepping out from a hot bath, I hummed in satisfaction. Everyone was in the living room joking around with Angie, there was something about her that could make you melt right into her forest eyes and adorable giggle.

Tieing the towel loosely around my waist, I tip toed my way to my closet, hoping my wet hair didn't leave a trail of droplets.

I ruffled my hair, shaking off the droplets before pulling a towel around my neck. I cursed in surprise when I felt a pair of hands on my waist.

The smell of intoxicating cologne gave his identity away. I leaned back against his frame, just enjoying the warmth of his skin against mine.

His finger traced lazy patterns kn my lean muscular stomach ( yes I did begin to work out...maybe to impress him )

" You look so fucking hot." He lowered his voice dangeroulsy as he planted butterfly kisses on the crook of my neck.

"oh Xander...w-what if B-blake catches us?"

" So what? I'll even have sex with you before him, he doesn't bother me." He chuckled but I, on the other hand, snapped out of my fog of sexual desire.

" But he's my brother Alex, he doesn't know about us and catching us make out wouldn't be the best approach." I turned around to face his beautifully calm smile.

He took my hand, kissing each knuckle ever so tenderly. Each kiss making my knees weak, I had to muster all my strength to just take him there.

" Do you want him to know about us?" He glances at me with an arched brow.

I gave him an uneasy smile, twiddling my fingers.
" I'm not ready to tell the world about this yet, I'm still trying to digest the whole thing myself." I threw my arms around his neck.

" You have all of me now..."

" Do I really?" I countered, a small insecure part of me getting the best of me. He rolled his eyes in annoyance, taking a few steps away from me.

" Must we always end every conversation like this?" I didn't miss the irritation in his voice.

" Admit it Xander, you know everything about me but I know nothing about you...that's not how it works. " I shook my head, did he not trust me?

I hated to see him like this -- conflicted, as though something is holding him back. Even I would love this teasing game to go on but I definitely wasn't the type to let problems slide.

" I'm gonna go check on Angie." He ignored my words, but stopped right by my door.

The sun rays made his dark blonde hair to shimmer beautifully, his honey rust eyes giving me one lasting glance.

" I love you Gabriel, so much...but you must know that I don't do relationships. Nothing will be the same if you really knew me because I have so much baggage. So don't get so attached to me...I'll just end up letting you down."

He left me loss of words, his eyes told the numerous scars he hid from the world. Why do people bottle up their feelings?

Why does he keep pushing himself away from me when clearly we want each other as badly?

I was left standing alone, right smack in the middle of the four walls of my bedroom. One moment he's setting my body on fire with his burning kisses and words and the next moment, his eyes hold fear and his words stab me like a thousand knives.

Taking in a deep breath, I kept my mind on my goal. Kara was the only person who could possibly hand me a hint about Alexander, and this time - nothing is holding me back.

Sneaking out from the back door of my house, I took Kai's car to drive over to Kara's house. I remembered that Kayden was having football training around this time, hence I felt some sort of relief.

It didn't take long before I was ringing her door, scanning my surroundings suspiciously. The last thing I needed right now is Alexander figuring out my intentions.

The door creaked open, and I see those familiar set of green cat eyes.
" Kara." I spoke curtly, which brought a wicked smile to her bold red lips.

" You're too predictable Gabriel, I knew you'll always come back."

There was something about her tone that didn't feel right, who am I kidding? Everything about her screamed sly.

Little did I know, that setting foot into this house would be my first mistake...