21

Liz POV

Feeling a soft pair of hands, stirring me from my sleep, "Lizzy" a deep voice whispers, my eyes flutter open, immediately coming in contact with the piercing hazel brown ones, a soft smile makes his way to his face, "it's time for dinner tesoro" (sweetheart/treasure) nodding my head I get up from the seat making my way to the dinner table, "ah there she is, sit down my love" Giussepina coos, taking a seat, a plate of creamy chicken lasagna is placed in front of me, my stomach silently growls making me remember I didn't have lunch. Taking a bite of my lasagna, swallowing a sharp pain shoots through my throat making me wince, "what's wrong cara?" (Dear), Giussepina asks, concern laced in her voice, "no-", "what's that on your neck" Marco cuts me off, quickly getting up from his seat, making his way over to me, trying to cover my neck, he quickly takes a hold of my hair placing it in a bun, fully exposing my neck, furrow and anger radiating from him eyes , "did.....did he do this to you" he growls, "Ma-" "answer me!" He shouts making me flinch, "Marco!!!" Giussepina yells, "Non ti ho mai insegnato a parlare con una donna così, e non lo farai!" (I never taught you to speak to a woman like that, and you will not do it! )She snarls, slamming his hand on the table making me flinch he walks out the dining room and apartment, slamming the door behind him. Sighing Giussepina makes her way over to me, gently moving the hair out of my neck she takes a quick look, "Dio Mio, cara who did this to you" (My God), sighing I started telling her about Miles and what happened at the bookstore, "ah cara mio" She coos, "have you spoken to Marco about this I know there's a lot he can do" she furrows her brows, "mama, Marco has done enough for me I don't want to drag him into this" I sigh, "Lizzy, my son cares about you very much and is also very protective, it angers him to see you like, and not telling him only makes it worse" she says as sadness fills her voice, "please talk to him at least" she gently pleads, nodding my head she gives me a soft smile, "now let me get you some ice you can maybe place on that" she walks off.......

After dinner and putting some ice on it I decided to take a long shower, I've grown so afraid of Miles, but anyway this is not the worst of what he's done, tears stream down my cheeks as I think of all the suffering he has put me through. After the long shower I grabbed a towel, wrapping it around my body. Opening the door I'm startled, nearly dropping the towel, there stood Marco in his dress shirt, the sleeves rolled up, his hair messy, "Marco" I whisper, looking at me, "get dressed so we can talk" he says calmly. Walking over to the closet I put on my pjs, tying my hair in a messy bun. Coming back Marco wasn't in the room anymore, so I sat on the bed waiting patiently, after a moment the door finally opened. Marco walked, wearing his sweats and a wife beater. Making his way over to me, he takes a seat next to me, squinting his eyes he gently places his thumb over the hand print on my neck , "does it hurt" he whispers, "just....just a little" I lie, "don't lie to me tesoro" he whispers. His breath evidence that he had been drinking, "you know how much it took for me not to go over to his place and beat him up, even worse kill him" he whispers, not knowing what to say, "was.....was it always like this in your marriage?" His jaw clenched, lowly nodding my head, looking at the time, "can we just sleep, we have work tomorrow" I plead, nodding his head, "I'm sorry for yelling and scaring you earlier, the anger was not directed towards you" he says his eyes making contact with mine , "it's fine" I smile. Nodding we made our way to bed, Marco wrapped his arms around my waist, placing a gentle kiss on my neck saying goodnight. We both drifted off.....

"Oh my gosh why would you do that I just started" I groan, Marco decided to call Charlie telling  him I'm taking two days off, without my consent, "well today you and I are going to apply for a restraining order since I know you won't lay a domestic violence charge" he rolls his eyes, sending him a glare. We drove to the to the police stations where we filled out the paperwork. Getting back home while he went to work Giussepina decided to go shopping. Marco got us both a driver and gave us his card telling us to buy whatever, though I tried to resist Giussepina wouldn't let me. "Now where do you want us to start?" I ask, "any place is fine" walking around the mall I realized Giussepina liked necklaces and bracelets, we got a lot of those, meanwhile she bought me this one with a heart, asking them to engrave it with the words "alla mia cara Lizzy" which I learnt meant "to my dear Lizzy". Giussepina has truly turned into a mother figure for me in such a short span, she's affectionate very loving and always reminds me how she always wanted a daughter but never had one until now. She gave me a sense of belonging. Passing by the store I noticed a brown leather strapped watch, it is a Cartier brand , "cara it's for men?" Giussepina looks at me with furrowed brows, "I know, I don't like it for me I like it for Marco" I mumble, "well buy it, his birthday is coming up in a few weeks anyways" I gasp at her words, "he didn't even tell me" I say shocked, "but how do I buy someone a gift with their money" I frown, lightly swatting my shoulder "stop overthinking and just buy it, I know he will love it, especially cause it comes from you" she says pulling me to the store.
Making our way back to the house Giussepina's breathing all of a sudden quickens, placing her hand on her heart as her breathing becomes heavy, and hitched, dropping my bags, quickly placing my hands on her wrists "mama are you okay?" I ask in concern, "should I call Marco" quickly shaking her head, "no....." she breaths, "no I'm probably just tired let's go in" she says standing up straight, in worry I pick up all the bags, taking her hand in my mine, making it to the apartment, "let me get you a glass of water" I say rushing to the sink. Pouring her the glass I carefully hand it over to her, taking a few gulps she hands the glass over  to me, "are you sure you okay mama?" I ask in concern, "I promise you I'm fine" she smiles, "I'm just going to get some rest now" she says standing up, going up to her room I make my way to the kitchen and start preparing for dinner, spending the rest of the night with the two.....