41

Lizzy POV

Sitting in the car, I looked out the window as Marco focused on the road. The car ride was silent. I got discharged and was given some vitamins,the doctor advising me to rest. The car finally came to a stop, the place looked like another apartment building, the door was opened for me as Marco grabbed my stuff, following him in the building, we got into the elevator. Silence between us. Getting out I followed Marco till we reached the last door. Getting in the place looked huge, filled with modern furniture, "is this your new apartment?" I ask, "for the time being yes, you and I will go pick a home for ourselves soon" he sighs. Not really sure what to say I remain silent, "want something to eat?" He asks, "I'm fine" ,"I wasn't exactly asking you" he makes his way to the kitchen. Walking over to the counter I take a seat as Marco takes out the ingredients from the fridge, "need help?" I ask, "nope, you just sit there and look beautiful" he smiles, returning the smile my thoughts drift back to yesterday's conversation . "Marco..." I call out, "you can't keep on avoiding the conversation, if you can't tell me then... I can't st..." "we will talk" he cuts me off, "but while we eat, is that okay?" He raises his brow, thinking for a moment I give him a brief nod as he starts preparing what I assume are sandwiches. Moments afterwards, Marco placed the chicken sandwich in front of me, "thank you" I whisper. Taking a seat across from me, "so where do you want to start?" He asks taking a bite of the sandwich, "well, I really don't know. Maybe we can start on those men that came in during the shooting" I whisper the last part. His body immediately tenses, releasing a deep sigh, "My uncle Leonardo, the one I told you about" he pauses, "he never had kids, after my mother had me she had trouble going to work and raising me at the same time. So he took us in. Raised me like I was his own. When uncle Leonardo died he left his business to me, that's where I got the money to start over, he left me everything he ever had, the cars, the house, everything" pausing for a moment, "the business is a very dangerous one with very dangerous people. The business operates mostly in Italy, and does trade here in New York. Alexander is my second in command, he runs and takes care of my business back in Italy and some of the legitimate businesses which we both own" he finishes, "what kind of business is it?" I ask confused, "why did they kill Guissepina" I ask again hurt. "I don't know either, and i don't know who did it, I'm working on finding out" he responds coldly. "That woman, the one you were with" my heart clenches at her image, taking a bite of his sandwich, chewing for a moment before swallowing, "her name is Irina, she runs her father's businesses. When I called her over I needed some information and help from her concerning my mother's death" he sighs, "yes she's always had a thing for me, but I swear nothing is going on between us and I have no feelings for her" he says, tears brim my eyes, damn pregnancy , "nope u just have always been an emotional bitch" my conscious screams, "have.....have you ever slept with her?" I ask, his eyes close for a moment as he releases a breath, "yes I have, but it was years ago when I was trying to get over Sofia" he explains. Getting up from his seat he makes his way over to me, placing his hands on my face, gently wiping the tears from my eyes, "I only want you tesoro" he whispers, placing a gentle kiss on my right cheek, "you have to believe that", staring into his eyes, they looked sincere, leaning over he placed a gentle kiss on my lips, pulling back I quickly kissed him back , tightly holding onto him, never wanting to let him go, the kiss deepens as his hands gently roam my body, my pussy throbbing for him, quickly pulling away making me whimper, a light chuckle leaves his mouth, "trust me I want to tesoro, you have no idea how much I've been missing it, but you need to rest" he pecks my lips, frowning at his words, "eat" he orders as a chuckle leaves his mouth making me lightly swat his shoulder, "such a tease" I mumble. Our laughter is short lived as the sound of windows breaking fills the room making me duck down to the ground, gunshots fill the room, "MARCO!" I scream, looking up I see him run across the room, retrieving a gun from the couch he crawls over to me, his face scrunched up with a look of discomfort, looking down at him, "Oh My God you've been shot" I cry, "shhhh" he whispers, the gunshots continue to fill the room. "Stay down!!!" He yells, saying a silent prayer. Moments later the sounds died down, looking over at Marco, he lay in a pool of his own blood, his eyes closed, "Marco!" I call out lightly slapping his cheeks, oh God this cannot be happening, getting up from the floor, trying to run across the room to get my phone I'm immediately knocked down by a hard chest, looking up, the man held evil in his eyes, my eyes widen, as more men come in the room, "Hello" an evil grin plastered on his face, getting up I try to run past him, a painful grip on my shoulder stops me in my tracks, "you coming with us" he whispers as he drags me out of the apartment, "please let me go" i plead, an evil chuckle escapes his mouth, "oh you can beg all you want, boss loves them when they beg" cringing at the thought as tears slid down my cheeks. Being thrown in the car, a bag is placed over my head, the car immediately drives off. My thoughts drifting off to Marco, what if he's dead, I sob silently, where are they taking me..........