The Time Dragon

We followed the monks. We were all confused besides Adyson. The dragon's room didn't even look like a room at all. It was a beach with waves crashing into jagged rocks. A small village was in the distance. A dark figure, which we assumed was the dragon, sat still on top a boulder. The sun was about to set.

"Well, she has probably done this hundreds of times before," Chris said.

"Indeed I have. I was one of the very first to meet Lord Greenland. I am the last one left here..." Adyson's voice trailed off.

"Did the rest survive?" Jake asked.

"Yes," Adyson answered, "They all left Greenland because they were afraid of his powers. We all were at first, but all you gotta do is meet him. He has made me his second in command. The ones who did leave are called the fallen users. They were here for when we got our time watches, but they grew with power. They believed that they were better than Greenland. The Greenland representative started the war in the council. The fallen users followed him as a leader."

The dark figure rose up and stared at us. He looked like a dragon that I assumed was Greenland. He motioned us towards the bay. We did as he wished and went to a large flat rock near the dragon. Up close he was a blue as dark as midnight. Just a tint darker than the reflecting ocean.

"Magnificent," I said to myself.

"Hello!" Chris yelled awkwardly.

Greenland laughed and replied, "Greeting, I am grateful that you all have the generosity to gather here today."

"Thank you for my arm," I said.

"You know," Greenland lifted up a boulder, but he didn't lift it with his hands. Like it was telekinesis, "That arm was made out of this rock. I was glad my recruiters was able to save you at the right time.

"Recruiters?" I asked.

"We aren't high in the ranking, yet," Marc admitted.

"I thought you guys were the big guys," I said.

"No, we all have these prototype time watches. They look different because of personality," Jake said.

"We'll see if you can get in a better position, over time," The dragon said, "Dear Adyson, please escort the recruiters. I would like to show Ryan a few things. Return when you are finished."

"Yes sire. This way gentlemen," Adyson took the others to a small house with a mariachi band playing and a couple of tables from a diner.

"What are you going to do with them?" I asked.

"They need something to eat and rest before the head back to the stations."

"What about me?"

Greenland moved his right wing, revealing the rock bed that my friends put me on to heal my arm.

"How did you form the rock into my arm?" I asked.

"Simple. You are connected to this rock. I didn't control it. It came to you," He replied.

"Connected?"

"Yes. You are even able to control the earth itself," Greenland said. Adyson returned from escorting the team, "Here. Adyson can demonstrate hers."

"You can control the earth as well?" I wondered.

"No, I can control the oceans. Even turning them into ice," Adyson sat next to the waves. She closed her eyes. Slowly breathing in and out. She focused on the crashing waves. The waves shot up into the air. The moved around into her name.