Chapter 2

"I can't believe it's a Friday and I have no plans!" I complained, walking down the hall with Derek and Camden. He sort of just fell in with Derek and I, not that I minded; I sort of forced my friendship on him anyway. He is way too cute to pass up.

"W-Why don't we go to a party or s-something?" Camden suggested, and I sighed exaggeratedly. 

"While that is adorable coming from you, I hate parties." I groaned. 

"That's only because you always end up running into at least one of your exes, and then there's the inescapable drama." Derek said. Camden looked at me curiously. 

"Just h-how many exes do you have?" He asked, and I rubbed the back of my head bashfully, laughing a little. 

"Uh, just a few here and there, y'know. Not too many." I said. 

"A few here and there?" Derek snorted. "More like twelve in our grade alone." Camden's jaw dropped, and I groaned again.

"Derek! You need a muzzle." I mumbled, and he snickered. 

"And you need to keep it in your pants." 

"Shut up! I have never been in a relationship for just the physical aspect and you know it." He rolled his eyes.

"I know, I know. Unfortunately, you fall in love way too easily." He said with a sigh. I pouted, and noticed Camden looking down at the ground dejectedly. 

"Cam? What's wrong?" I asked, and he looked at me in surprise, not knowing he was being watched and blushed. 

"N-Nothing! I'm fine." He assured, but there was something a little off. Derek watched him curiously before abruptly changing the subject. 

"So anyway, why don't we just hang at one of our houses tonight, since parties are a no-go." Derek suggested. 

"Heck yeah!" I said with a fist pump. "We can have a movie marathon or something. What do you say, Cam? You in?" I asked, grinning at him expectantly. He scratched his head, looking unsure. 

"W-Well, I guess it is a Friday..." He scratched his head, looking unsure.

"C'mooooon," I whined, latching onto him as he blushed. "It'll be no fun if it's just me and Derek! I mean, gross, just look at him!" I said, hiding behind Camden and staring at him warily. His face was a total deadpan as he stared back.

"I hate you." 

"See? He's cold and cruel. Don't leave me alone with him!" I begged Camden, putting my hands on his shoulders from behind and peering around to look at his face. He bit his lip. 

"R-Really? Okay, i-if you're sure you want me to that badly..." He trailed off, and I released him with a cheer. 

"Yes! Best movie night ever!"

"Yeah, that's great and all, but where exactly are we doing this? My place or yours?" Derek asked, ever the party pooper. I sighed, placing a hand on my chin. 

"Well, we could do it at yours, but it smells like poverty at your house. Plus I have a bigger TV." Derek hit me in the arm with a growl. 

"I'm not that poor you idiot. Not everyone can afford 30 inch flat screens in every room." He snapped. I waved a hand as he balled his fists in anger. 

"Details, details. The qualms of the poor are none of mine." Derek sighed angrily. 

"You're a terrible person. Camden, you should ditch us before he grows on you too much. He's bad for your mental health."