Chapter 11

As I followed Todd to his car, I started to doubt my decision more and more. While I was leaving school I saw Camden on his walk home by himself, and for some reason that made me feel like Bruce Lee just punched me in the chest. 

It's not like i'm choosing Todd over Cam. In fact, i'm doing this to give myself the courage to face how I feel about Camden. And i'm just hanging out with Todd; we're not having an orgy. So why do I feel so awful?

We arrived at Todd's in about twenty minutes. Todd lives by the railroad tracks, further into town than I usually go-unless i'm going to Todd's. A feeling of nostalgia swept over me, and good memories as well as bad resurfaced. I decided to focus on the good while i'm here. 

"Mi casa es su casa, babe," Todd said with an easy grin, spreading his arms wide as we stepped in. I exhaled and smiled back. 

"Thanks. So, what do you wanna do? Movie? Game?" I asked, dropping my backpack on a chair and grinning at him. It felt fake, but Todd wasn't one to usually notice things like that. 

"Hey, whatever you want. But, uh...I actually have a few people coming over soon. They won't be a bother, scout's honor." He said. My grin froze, and a feeling of deja vu settled over me. 

I shook my head quickly. No, i'm here to give him a chance at friendship with me. If I judge too harshly or quickly, what kind of friend is that? 

"Sure, that's fine. It's only a few, right?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Within an hour, Todd's house was packed full of people and I could barely hear myself think over the music. 

"Excuse me, sorry, out of my way bitch thanks." I said as I shoved my way to the kitchen. I was pretty thirsty, and thought it would be a simple task to leave the semi-silent cocoon of Todd's room  to get some water. Boy, was I wrong; about more than one thing. 

"I can't believe I let myself get swindled into this. Thanks Obama." I grumbled to myself. 

Todd had disappeared into the crowd some time ago, and I retreated to his room seeing as no one was allowed in there-meaning that's where i'd be for sure. Parties? Not my scene. Like, for reals. 

I finally got my water, but just as I began to make my through the masses some big guy with super long black hair and muscles the size of my head bumped into me, knocking half of the water all over me. 

"Aw, c'mon!" I complained, looking down at my wet shirt. Fan-frickin'-tastic. I pushed forward, and when I looked up two girls were seriously tonguing it right in front of me. "Agh! Make-outers!" 

I shoved around them as distanced as I could, when someone else bumped into me, spilling the rest of the water all over me once again as the cup fell to the ground. " Son of a Hemsworth!" 

"Kai, babe! Where you-what happened?" I flipped around to see that the second person who had bumped into me was king asshat Todd himself. 

"Well, let's see, I forgot which way to aim my dick when I went to the bathroom and pissed all over my shirt." I said sarcastically. 

"You don't gotta be rude about it, damn. C'mon, let's get you cleaned up," Todd said, taking my hand and leading me to his room. I pouted and muttered at how easy it was for him to maneuver through the party crowd. 

We got to his room, and I yanked my hand away and stalked to the other side of the room, glaring at him all the while. "Todd, I am one pissed off dude right now." I said calmly.