Chapter 16

***Kai's POV***

"You're gonna talk to him about it?!" Derek exclaimed, looking disgusted with me. 

I pouted. "Yes, ass face. Surprise dinner dates are so cliche; and not even surprising." I said, earning a glare. 

"You are so unromantic." 

"How?! If he knows he's going to love where ever we go, he'll be that much more excited." I countered. 

Derek sighed in frustration. "Picnic under the stars?" 

I snorted. "Been done; a million times. Next."  

"Dinner and movie?" 

"I just threw up in my mouth a little." 

"Hiking!" 

"Good lord, no! And it's mid November." I said, shuddering. Derek threw his arms up in the air.

"I can't handle you. At least you're finally going to ask him on a date. Its already been a week!" Derek complained. 

"What do you care?! We are happy with each other's company! I am perfectly content to just wrap him in my jacket with me like a double-stuff burrito and just stay like that forever. But, I do want to go places and experience things with him. That's why i'll date the hell out of him, not because we have to." I said with a smirk. 

Derek huffed. "Whatever you say. If he hates it and dumps you though, send him my way." 

"You're straight." I said blankly. 

"Yeah, but Cam is just so..." 

"Finish that sentence and i'll kick you so hard in the nuts you'll have to change your name to testicle face." I threatened. 

"Well, excuse me. You never get this jealous. It must be love!" Derek cried, pretending to faint in his chair. We were at his house, and Cam had left about an hour ago. 

"Don't say that," I groaned. "I'm all ready crazy about him. I don't want to think about love yet. I have to force myself to kiss him once a day only, to take things slow. It's torture I tell you! I might as well be on a table, having my limbs cut off with a hacksaw and no anesthetic!"  

Derek shook his head at me. "What a horrendous comparison. And I think that's too slow. You might actually die, knowing you. You're also depriving Cam, you know. He's probably been having wet dreams about you since-" 

"Shut up!" I shouted, chucking a pillow at his face. "Don't picture Cam having wet dreams! Bad testicle face!" 

"I wasn't! And don't call me that!" Derek chucked the pillow back at me and I sighed. 

I clutched the pillow to my chest and fell back, moaning. "I miss Cam all ready! Why did he have to leave?" 

"Because no one wants to be stuck with you for overly long amounts of time, that's why. No wonder your sisters are crazy. I wonder if Cam has any sisters?" Derek mused. 

"No, but he's got a brother." I said. Derek gave me a look. 

"How do you know?" 

"Uh, he told me? Get with the system." I replied. 

"Huh. I bet his family is full of shy, awkward people who blush easily." Derek snickered. 

I rolled my eyes at him. "Don't be a fool, fool. Your family isn't full of lazy disappointments, yet here you ar-OW!" I shouted, clutching my head and curling into a ball. "Why? Why must you cause me such pain?!" I whined.