Chapter 3

I stared at the flyer on the bulletin board intensley, a hand on my chin. Halloween Harvest Festival, hm? And costumes are welcome? Hmmm...

"W-What are you looking at, Kai?" I looked down to the adorable voice on my right. Camden was looking at me curiously. 

"Why, my little gumball, it's a flyer for the Halloween Harvest Festival! They always suck, but I was just thinking, we should all go trick or treating together! Me, you and Derek I mean. Well, Derek can come if that bitch wants to, but I mostly meant me and you." I said, giving him a wink. 

He blushed, looking all flustered. "I-I don't know, i'm not v-very good at Halloween..." he mumbled, fiddling with the edge of his notebook. 

I laughed, wrapping an arm around his smaller frame. "You can't be good or bad at Halloween, silly! Unless you put razors in Tootsie Rolls and give them to kids..." I said, and he blanched.

"W-What torture!" He exclaimed in horror. I nodded. 

"Indeed. But that's beside the point! I assume you meant the costume part, which can be easily fixed. Why don't we do a partner costume?!" I suggested excitedely. 

He blushed. "P-Partner costume?" 

I nodded eagerly. "Yeah! We could be The Blues Brothers! Or Mario and Luigi! Or Lilo and Stitch! Or-"

"I sensed I was being left out again, and whadaya know." Derek said, appearing out of nowhere. I yelped and jumped behind Cam for protection. 

"Hahaha!" I laughed, gripping Camden's shoulders. "We weren't leaving you out. No way. I would never do that to you!" I said unconvincingly. 

"Uh-huh. Sure you wouldn't." Derek said. "I'm guessing with the costume talk combined with the fact that it is mid-October, you want to do something for Halloween?"

"That's right!" I said, releasing Camden and clapping my hands together. Camden wobbled a bit until Derek steadied him at my sudden release. 

"I was thinking we could do a combined costume theme!" I said, smiling widely. Derek stared at me.

"Yay. Sounds like fun. I can hardly contain my joy." Derek said, and Camden giggled at his sarcasm. I turned around and crossed my arms with a huff. 

"Fine. I'll just go without you two. Who needs you anyways." I sniffled dramatically, and as expected Camden was at my side in an instant, tugging on my sleeve. 

"N-No, i'll do it! I thought it was a good idea, r-really." He said looking up at me with a small smile. 

"OH YOU'RE SO CUTE I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT!" I shouted, wrapping my arms around him and squeezing. He mumbled something, but it was muffled against my chest.

"Kai, you're gonna kill him!" Derek said, trying to pry Camden away from me. I kicked at him in protest. 

"No! He's mine!" I kept one arm around Cam and fought off Derek with the other. Camden's face emerged and he gasped, bright red. 

"See?! He was dying of asphyxiation!" Derek said. I shook my head. 

"Untrue. He's just madly in love with me. Aren't you, Camden?" I looked down at him, and his blush spread all the way to his neck as a panicked expression made it's way onto his face. 

"W-What?! No w-w-way, what g-gave you that idea?!" He said, freeing himself of my grasp and waving his arms in denial. I gasped in fake hurt. 

"You don't love me? Oh, the pain!" I cried, falling onto Derek in despair. He shoved me off of him with a grunt and I fell to the ground. I lay there un-moving.