Chapter 4

"Pearl, it won't fit him! Knock it off you pervert!" I struggled with my sister as she tried to force her green button up onto Derek. She was on his back as he lay face down on the floor. She had the poor guys arms twisted behind him as she tried to shove the shirt on. 

"It's seriously too small!" I shouted at her, trying to pry her off. Derek groaned underneath, sounding like he was in pain. I grabbed one of Pearl's braids and yanked, and she fell off with a screech. Derek sucked in a huge breath, and I helped him up. 

"There, now that that's done-GAH!" I was suddenly tackled sideways, and went down. Pearl was now on my back, facing my legs and yanking one of them toward her body. 

"Owwww! You viking! No one is going to marry a savage girl like this!" I shouted, and she growled, yanking my leg higher. "OW!" 

"Kai, tap out! Tap out, man! It's your only hope!" Derek said from the sidelines. 

"I give, I give!" I said, smacking the floor. Pearl let my leg flop to the floor, getting off me. I lay there, groaning. Just then a knock was heard on my door. 

"U-Uhm, guys, you're in here righ-Kai!" Camden said as he walked in, going over to my lifeless form on the floor. 

"What h-happened?" He asked, shaking my shoulder. I rolled over, sitting up with the support of my elbows. Pearl picked up her shirt and glared at Derek. He put his hands up in surrender, his face pale. She grunted in frustration and left the room. 

I lay back on the floor again with a sigh of relief. "My sisters are crazy bitches, man." What had happened was, Derek needed a green short sleeve shirt for his Dean cosplay, and Pearl had overheard. Despite the massive size and body difference, Pearl tried to shove it on him. Naturally it didn't work! Ugh.

We explained that to Camden, and he giggled. "Is your whole f-family as weird as you are?" Camden asked, making Derek laugh out loud. 

"Oi, you! I'm not weird." I pouted, sitting up. 

"Y-Yes, you are. You m-mean you didn't know?" Camden said, sounding sincerely surprised and Derek toppled over with laughter. 

I gasped, my jaw dropping. "Cam! How could you be so cold!" I cried. 

"I-I didn't mean it in a harsh way! You're just...different from e-everyone else. In a good way, I-I promise!" He assured me, putting a hand on my shoulder and leaning closer to my face. This time I was the one to blush, turning my face and coughing a bit awkwardly. 

"Okay Romeo and Homeo, if you're done we need make sure we have our costumes all together." Derek interjected.

"Right! C'mon, I think the angel wings are in my closet." I stood, offering a hand to Camden. Things returned to their natural order as he blushed a bit and took my hand, standing along with me. 

I went to my closet and fished out a pair of feathery black angel wings. "Ta-da! I found em' on eBay." I gave them to Camden, who couldn't find any angel wings, so I took the liberty. He smiled at the sight of them, and I smiled at his happy face. 

"These are so c-cool! Thank you, Kai. Derek, did you find your n-necklace?" Camden asked. 

Derek looked over, and pulled out Dean's necklace from Sam out of his pocket. "Yep, found one on eBay as well." 

I grinned. "All I need is a flannel and jeans! Haha, you friggin' losers." Derek punched me in the arm, making me wince. I mostly felt bad for Cam, he had to wear a suit and tie, with a trench coat and angel wings. It took him awhile to find it all, so luckily he had the suit already and I got the wings for him. 

"Sweet, it looks like we finally have everything. It's next week, so it should be fu-what are you doing." Derek deadpanned, seeing as I was trying to put the wings on Camden already. I paused, looking at him. 

"Uhm...making sure they fit?" I said, patting Camden's head as he blushed. Next thing I know i'm being knocked to the floor. 

"Ow! So much pain in one day!" I cried, holding my head.

"That's what you get for being a damn pervert." Derek said, annoyed. I pouted. 

"I am not a pervert! Cam is so cute, I had to see the wings on him, i've been waiting!" I complained, and Camden blushed harder.  

"Well you can wait a week longer." Derek snapped, and I grumbled. Not fair. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hummed to myself as I walked to the cafeteria, when I felt something kick against my leg and I fell forward with a yelp. My hands smacked onto the floor, and I hissed in pain. 

"Watch where you walk, faggot." I heard someone say from above me, but I didn't care to look as they laughed and walked away. I closed my eyes and counted to three before getting up. I put a smile on my face and kept walking, humming again like nothing happened. 

That's how it always was at school. I never really came out as gay, I just dated a guy in freshman year and people knew from there. Most people were fine with it or didn't care, but as expected there were a few people who just couldn't deal. 

I didn't care. It hurts, sure, but in the end i'm always happy. No matter what. If they choose to see negativity in something as simple as love, then that is their damage, not mine. I would just have to deal with it. 

"Kai? A-Are you okay?" 

I looked up in surprise, and Camden was standing in front of me with a concerned look on his face. Apparently my smile had slipped off at some point...I quickly replaced it. 

"What do you mean? I'm fine!" I grinned, wrapping an arm around his shoulders and heading towards the cafeteria with him. He bit his lip, eyebrows furrowing in worry. Why does he always have to do that? I'm fine. I'm fine.       

"You don't...you don't have to p-pretend, you know? E-Even if you don't want to tell me why you're not okay, just t-tell me you're not and i'll be here for you." Camden said, stopping and looking up at me with sincerity.

My eyes widened in surprise before I looked down, rubbing the back of my neck. I put on a smile, but it didn't feel as confident when he was looking at me that way...like he could see right through me. 

"I don't know what you mean. Come on, let's go to lunch." I said, walking ahead and gesturing for him to follow. I heard a light sigh from behind me, but I ignored it as he came up to walk by my side.

I'm fine...just fine.

----------Serious Kai *_* how rare. Do you guys think he's fine?-----------