Chapter 7

~~~ Camden's POV~~~

"Hahahahahahahahaha! Oh sweet baby Jesus, this is amazing. I can't believe that idiot fainted! I'm crying!" Derek said, doubling over in laughter. 

"T-That's mean, Derek." I said, Kai's head resting in my lap. I had to get Derek to help me carry him out of there after he fainted. The butcher guy was actually really nice, and apologized a bunch even though we told him it wasn't it his fault. Well, I told him that. Derek high fived him. 

Derek and I had lugged him to an area of abandoned houses down the street and laid him down. I put his head on my lap so the dead grass didn't get in his hair...and maybe for some other reasons. Possibly. I don't know. Geh. 

I looked down at Kai's unconscious face. He's so handsome...even when he's screaming like a mandrake in a poorly assembled haunted house. I brushed his hair out of his face with my hand, marvelling at how soft it was. I couldn't resist running my fingers through the silky strands a couple times. 

"Ahem there, my little pervert friend. I'm still here ya know?" Derek said suddenly, making me jump in mortification and surprise. I totally forgot where I was!

"I-I was just moving his hair out of his eyes! It's not l-like that!" I said hurriedly, my face heating to maximum temperatures. He smirked, looking way too amused. 

"Relax. Kai is sharper than he looks, but I bet he has no clue you like him, and I won't tell him." 

"W-What do you mean? I d-don't...I don't like Kai!" I exclaimed, but it sounded unsure. 

"Oh really? Cause the way you were looking at his pretty face just now says you're love-struck." He said easily, looking at Kai. "I don't know what you all see in him. He's such a dumbass." He said with a sigh, sounding like a tired father. 

"Y-You all...?" I questioned, looking up at Derek. 

"By that I mean you and all his exes. He's got quite a record, you know." Derek said, watching my expression carefully.

I gulped. A record? So he's dated a lot of people, then. There's no way he'd go for someone like me after so much experience. I sighed dejectedly without realizing it. 

"Aw, don't make that face. Kai is an impulsive idiot, but he's not a player." 

"I-I know that...." I mumbled. He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. 

"You really like him, don't you?" He asked seriously. I blushed, opening my mouth ready to deny it again, but I shut it. I looked down at Kai again, watching his chest rise and fall with his even breaths. His face looked peaceful, despite the way he became like this. 

"Y-Yeah, I do. And I don't know what to do about it." I said, my eyes stinging. I'd never met anyone like Kai before. Do I even stand a chance?

Derek sighed, coming over to kneel beside me. I looked over at him and he grinned at me. "Well, it's nothing to get all depressed over, but i'm not gonna tell you what do about it either. That's yours and Kai's business, not mine. But can I offer a bit of advice?" He asked, reaching over and brushing Kai's hair away from his forehead himself this time. 

I nodded, a little surprised.  

"Two things," he said. "Firstly, if he asks you out at any point, reject the bastard. No one's ever said no to him before and it pisses me off." I blushed, about to protest that he would never ask me out but he held up a hand. 

"Second...just, don't hurt him. He's more...sensitive to this kind of stuff than he looks. He may have dated a lot, but in a sense he's still new to it. Kai goes into every relationship feet first, whole-hearted. And he always ends up with the short straw at the end. It would kill him-and me-if that sort of thing happened between you guys. Okay?" He said, rubbing the back of his neck a bit shyly.