Chapter 15

***Kai's POV***

Cinnamon. Camden tastes like cinnamon; he doesn't just smell like it. I didn't particularly like cinnamon. Now I can't seem to get enough. I kissed him back, unable to control the desire I had been suppressing. Why was I suppressing it? I don't remember. All I can seem to think about is a certain spice. 

I held Cam's face as I kissed him softly at first, then more rough, demanding. I felt his fingers dig into my hair, giving me goosebumps. A feeling of euphoria filled me, the sensation of Cam's warm, surprisingly responsive lips making me quake from head to toe. 

We finally broke apart, short pants of excitement leaving my lips as Cam took deep intakes of breath. This is what i've been depriving myself of? I am such an idiot. 

"That was-" 

"Dazzling? Brilliant? Superb? Best kiss of my whole life?" I filled in for Cam as he turned bright red. I smiled widely at him. 

"I-I was gonna say unbelievable." Cam said, looking down. I tilted his chin up, kissing him softly once more. 

"Do you believe it now?" I said quietly once I pulled away, stroking Camden's chin with my thumb. 

He nodded, his blush looking brighter than I had ever seen it. "Y-Yeah. If you do that again though, m-my heart might explode and then i'll d-die, so don't." He mumbled, hiding his face. 

I laughed, pulling him into a firm embrace. I wrapped my arms around him completely, snuggling him to me like a teddy bear. "Your heart? I wish you could have heard mine when you were saying all those things to me-and that was before you kissed me. My heart skipped a beat when you did." I chuckled. 

It was silent for a bit as we stood there, but I eventually spoke. "Did you...did you really mean all those things you said? About me?" I asked insecurely. I've never been so happy as I felt when I heard him say what he said. No one has ever said anything like that to me. 

I felt him pull back, and I looked down to meet his eyes. "E-Every word." 

I grinned. "You promise?" I teased. 

He looked flustered. "C-Cross my heart!" 

"Oh, maybe you shouldn't do that if it's about to burst. Plus, since it's mine now, I don't want crosses all over it." I said with a wink. 

"W-W-W-...." He paused, his blush reaching down to his neck now. "O-Okay." He tried to say calmly, but he was trembling like a chihuahua who just drank a 5-hour energy drink. 

I couldn't help myself and leaned down once more, kissing him softly. I felt him grip the front of my jacket and pull me closer, deepening the kiss. Oh geez. I pulled back as he pushed forward, and leaned my forehead against his, breathing heavily even after that. 

"What am I gonna do with you?" I chuckled airily, even though I had a pretty good idea. His hands still held onto my jacket, and I smiled. He's not the one who's being given a chance here. This is my chance to put all my trust in someone, all my faith and anger and problems-this is my chance to share my life. And my chance to understand that it's okay to expect the same out of someone else, too.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day at school, I felt better than I had in a long while. I couldn't wait to see Camden. Should I kiss him? No, he's probably too shy for pda. But oh man, I wanna kiss him! Maybe just on the cheek? No, I have to take things slow! Very slow. No more kissing, only hugs. 

"Well you look atrociously happy," Derek said dryly as he came up next to me at my locker. 

"Derek! What a beautiful morning, isn't it? Well, it's a little more gross now that you are here, but nonetheless-ow!" I flinched as he smacked me over the head.