Friendship

You let out a deep groan as your best friend giggled happily. She produced her phone from her pocket and fiddled with it before showing you an app and a profile. It was a dating site and she had signed you up.

You had been friends with her for quite some time now and she was so obsessed with helping you find the perfect guy. She sent you on dates with random men and now she was signing you up for this damn site. You really started to question your friendship at times like this but without her you had no idea where you'd be. She was your rock through hard times, especially your recent breakup.

You shook your head and pushed the phone away. Your best friend let out a deep sigh and flicked onto messages and to your surprise, there were already a bunch. Roughly five messages each from seven different boys. You glanced over at the phone and felt slightly intrigued.

"Maybe I'll have a look for a minuet, Jaila" You mumble as you gently take the phone from he hands.

"That's my girl, Y/N!" Jaila chimed happily with a pat on your back before jumping up and going to the kitchen to boil the kettle. You clicked on the first set of messages from a boy called Park Jimin.

Jimin:
Hey gorgeous😘
You must be new to the site
Hello?
Are you even there?
I could stop messaging you...
But I won't
Not yet😉

You frowned slightly and tapped the side of the phone for a moment, biting your lip. You wanted to reply but you couldn't let your friend win yet. You clicked off his messages and read the other six. They were similar to the first boys and you sighed as you opened the settings tab. Glancing towards the kitchen first, you change the password and log out of the account.

Your friend came in carrying two pots of instant noodles, smiling brightly. "So, did you text any of them?" She places down the noddles and grabbed her phone, opening the app. Her smile faded as she failed to log in. "Why isn't it working?" She mumbled under her breath.

You smile and ruffle your hair a little. "I changed the password. If I am going to use it, you aren't interfering" You reply smugly.

"What! Y/N, that's no fair!" Jaila cried out, crossing her arms and pouted. You chuckled and picked up your pot of noodles, slurping them up. Jaila glared at you for a moment then followed suit.

Once you finished, you grabbed your phone and downloaded the app. You agreed with your friend that you had to meet the one after the last one but you weren't sure if this was the way. You could only try. You hated being alone and seeing everyone, including Jaila, in a happy relationship. You guessed you just wanted someone to be your euphoria.

The app quickly downloaded and you logged in, opening Park Jimin's messages once again. You let in a deep breath and slowly typed a reply as Jaila watched her shows.

Hi
I'm sorry for not replying before

Jimin:
Finally!
I thought you'd never reply and I'd never know you
:(

Well here I am
But I'm not anyone interesting...

Jimin:
Other boys may judge you and stuff
But I won't
I promise😀

I let out a smile and glanced over at Jaila who was still stuck to her show. I bit my lip a little and opened up Jimin's profile which burst to life instantly.

Park Jimin22 Years oldFrom Geumjeong-gu, South Korea

Park Jimin
22 Years old
From Geumjeong-gu, South Korea

"I could hurt you real bad if you do something wrong, but I won't"

You admire the beautiful man before you and instantly notice he changes his hair regularly, but whatever he changed it too was gorgeous on him. All of him was gorgeous. He made you breathless. It kind of shocked you how stunning he was. You glance at your friend, biting your lip nervously. You then reach over and tap her shoulder.

"Look at this guy" You smile uncontrollably. Jaila pauses the show and looked over, her jaw dropping instantly. She squeals suddenly and starts to fan girl.

"OHMYGOD HE.IS.GORGEOUS!!" She screams out. I laugh and pull the phone back, opening the messages again. You messaged him and a couple of the other boys for most of the night until Jaila's boyfriend got home. You left when he arrived and headed straight home. You text Jimin goodnight before going for an early night in.

You had a feeling tomorrow at work would be hectic and you wanted all the sleep you could get. It was stressful working in a hospital, especially when drunks walked in. They would always try touch you and such as you tended to them or whatever needed doing. You couldn't leave the job though because you were one of the most respected people there.

You turn into bed and curl up, ignoring the vibrations of the phone, probably from the other boys. Maybe your friend signing you up for this wasn't too bad after all?