1

Dear Elena,

Caroline says you want the ends and outs of our lives while your gone. She also demands that I do it too and I guess a diary might be cool. I mean you kept a diary right so it's like I'm learning from you? I don't know. It is what it is I guess. As a P.S. I'm currently writing this outside of your coffin which is locked away.

As an update you read the top correctly. Yes, I've forgiven Caroline. And yes, I'm still pissed, but I've been healing so I'm taking that as a good sign.

As for Stefan, things are great. He's been supportive as always, but he's always caring for me and always makes sure that I'm okay. Honestly I love him so much, but I'm not one for that sappy stuff so I'll just leave it at that.

Dad and Damon left the country. I hope they're okay, both of them lost the loves of their lives so I can't imagine how that's going. Bonnie left with them. I don't really know who thought of that, but I'm hoping that Damon's not planning to kill her.

Jeremy and Tyler are out hunting vampires. Honestly I'm glad that they paired up. They've been in touch which is also good. I'm hoping I'm living up to my promise to you. I guess you can't really judge me if I'm doing it wrong so that's sort of a plus. Lol.

And then back to me. I applied to Whitmore. Of course I had to compel myself a high school diploma which was sort of annoying, but Caroline and Bonnie insisted that us girls stick together. So I've taken your old bed and something about that is uneasy but I'll get over it.

My magic is coming along nicely. Before Bonnie left we practiced a lot and I've learned a lot of simple spells. It's amazing to be able to turn off the lights without getting up. I don't know if it's good or bad that that's the thing I enjoy most about it.

Well I miss you and I probably will until your sitting here reading this stupid journal. Until next time I guess.

I closed the black book and looked around me. The cemetery was always like a family reunion which was a lot sadder when you thought about it. I got up and headed back to the Boarding House.

I saw Stefan with my dad's bag of vervain tricks and Matt with a case. "Emma I'm glad your back. Do you know how to make a bomb?" He asked as I went to the bag. I had made a trip to the falls to see my boyfriend and the town. Long distance wasn't a problem because we would see each other every weekend. 

"I make a visit from college and that's the first thing you ask me?" I asked crossing my arms.

He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me a bit. "Hi, Babe, How are you?"

"Great thanks." I smiled to him and let out a chuckle. "I can make the bomb. What exactly do you need it for?" I asked as I started pulling out the things I needed.

"Lily's heretics are in town." Stefan explained as I turned to him.

"The 1903 crazies actually got out?" I asked unsure as he nodded.

"Yes, also known as the vampires with magic." He replied as I looked up at him.

"The- I'm not the only one?" I asked shocked.

"Turns our you aren't." He replied with a sigh.

"I don't really think that's a good thing." I admitted worried.

"Caroline is scoping them out as we speak to see how many we have to deal with." He added as I looked to Matt's papers.

"They've stolen blood bags and killed two people so far. Hung them up like meat." Matt showed me as I looked at it worried.