Emmaline Gilbert AU part 2

I headed to the cemetery to sit by my parents headstones. It wasn't a common thing I did, mostly because I didn't need that extra bit of sadness, but Mr. Tanner had me thinking about them all day.

I drew on one of my journal pages to pass the time. Things were calm and quiet, when suddenly the ground got misty. "What the hell?" I questioned looking around as I put my book down and stood up. I heard a crow caw and immediately started walking away. I've seen horror movies and I wasn't about to star in one.

The fog went away and I furrowed my eyebrows. I looked around confused then back towards the parking lot when I saw Stefan in front of me. "Holy shit." I commented a bit high pitches. "You are really quiet how did you get there."

"Light on my feet I guess. Sorry didn't mean to scare you." He replied.

"Yeah don't worry about it. Cemetery's put me on edge I guess." I told him as I held my arm. "Wait why are you in a cemetery?" I asked realizing how sketchy it was.

"I have family here." He told me as I nodded.

"That makes a lot more sense than movie serial killer." I nodded lightly. "I'm gonna head home. Maybe get some rest." He let out a soft laugh. "What?"

"You're just, you speak your mind. I like it." He nodded.

"That's what you like? Most people find it disrespectful and worth 20 hours of service." I replied as he laughed more and I smiled to him. "I'll see you later."

"Yeah." He nodded and I walked away.

When I got home I realized I forgot my journal but the cemetery was far too creepy to go and get it. I opened the door and headed into the kitchen where Jenna was sitting.

"First day and already in trouble." Jenna commented.

"How did you know?" I asked confused.

"Principal called. He said your guidance counselor wants you to go to therapy. I thought you said you were okay." Jenna asked. "You don't need to lie to me."

"It was Mr. Tanner. He's a douche who wants to be part of a dictatorship. He called me out saying I couldn't blame it on mom and dad anymore and I lost it." I told her as she nodded.

"Yep a total douche." She replied as she hugged me. "I know it's been hard on you and I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." I shook my head. "I'm gonna go upstairs."

"Okay." She nodded. "Love you."

"Love you too Jenna." I smiled to her before getting into my room.

I sat at my window canopy and looked at the moon and the stars. They always looked beautiful when the moon was full. It wasn't long until I was eating ice cream downstairs and watching Iron Man. The doorbell rung and I opened it to see Stefan.

"How- What?" I asked confused.

"I found your journal." He spoke as I looked at the decorated front. It had a girl floating in space. But the background was like starry night.

"How did you know it was mine?" I asked curiously as I grabbed it.

"It was in front of the Gilbert stone. Plus your name is on the cover." He pointed as I looked at it. "And small town equals everyone knows where everyone lives."

I nodded as I held my ice cream in my hand. "You didn't perhaps go through it did you?" I asked curiously.

"No never. I understand how personal it is." He shook his head.

"Thanks. I bet you were tempted." I nodded lightly.

"No. I keep a journal too." He explained.