6

The next day came around and I found my way to the Lockwood mansion. Damon, Stefan, and Valerie were all staying there. As soon as I got there they were heading out.

"Hey." Stefan looked at me confused. "I thought you were hanging out with Caroline."

"I was but I thought I should come see you." I explained looking to him and then to Valerie. "I learned about some things yesterday." I spoke tapping my foot. I didn't understand why I was so nervous.

"Damon and I will head out together." Valerie nodded realizing what was going on. I mean she told Caroline, it was only so long before she spilled the beans.

"What? No. No." Damon shook his head.

"Yes. Come on." Valerie pushed him out of the door.

"Wanna go sit?" I asked looking at him.

"Sure I guess." He replied as we got to the couch.

"I don't know where to start." I looked at him twirling the ring on my finger. "I guess I'll start with the good. Um, the person in Jo died last night." I started. "Dad was really upset but then Valerie noticed something in the wedding footage and we realized something crazy." I explained as he looked at me confused.

"Is everything okay?" He asked concerned as he grabbed my hand and I stopped shaking.

"I mean is it?" I asked looking at him as he gave me a confused look.

"I want to tell you the good news but I found out your bad news." I explained as he looked at me. "About Valerie's baby." I added quieter as he looked down.

"Yeah." He nodded. "That's why I let her stay and why we are on our way to kill Julien." He explained.

"You're what? He has magical vampire children. That's dangerous." I spoke worried.

"We have a plan. It'll work." He reassured.

"And you're doing this out of hatred." I realized looking at him.

"He beat her until the baby died. No man like that should deserve to live." He shook his head.

"I know he doesn't. I'm just worried for you." I replied.

"Well when I get vengeance everything will be fine." He replied standing up.

"Stef, you said that with Silas the first time too. Are you sure this is how you should handle things?" I asked worried.

"Do you think he should live?" He asked looking at me almost angry.

"No. No of course not but acting out of straight hatred is dangerous Stefan." I explained worried. "Not to mention you were so hurt last time." I added.

"Well this time I'm certain it'll work." He replied. "I have to go. We only have so much time." He looked at me before walking away.

I put my hand out but I didn't know what to say. I couldn't even tell him the good news. Was he trying to avoid me? I was upset to say the least. I decided to head back to the dorm room. Where else was I supposed to go? I was honestly planning to spend the day with him.

I was with Caroline as she binged on blood bags and Oreos. At one point she dipped the Oreo in blood. "Pregnancy is weird." I commented.

"Correction: vampire pregnancy is weird. I mean I get food cravings but with the blood." She shoved another Oreo in her mouth. "I mean I can't eat in public for another nine months."

I smiled lightly and looked down. I twirled my promise ring curious about Stefan's safety right now. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked curiously.