22

Weeks had gone by. I was by myself in the Boarding House for a while. Caroline noticed how lonely I was and she decided to come live with me. We both were alone. Dad hadn't been back with the girls. We weren't even sure where they were. Not to mention Bonnie was in Paris with Enzo.

Stefan and Damon had been gone and I didn't even bother to find them. Instead I counted down the days until I'd get him back. I missed Stefan so much. I had hoped he wasn't too far gone, but I couldn't be sure. No matter I was extremely worried.

The chaos still wasn't over in Mystic Falls though. Sybil was looking for some Bell. She almost killed an entire class of history students because she was so impatient. We knew it would release some mystical energy, but we weren't completely sure what she wanted it for yet. We assumed the absolute worst.

Time went by and Caroline wanted to help me get out of the house so she forced me to help her plan Miss Mystic Falls.

I thought it could be fun. Stefan told me not to be down in the dumps while he was gone. It was just so hard when everyone I loved had to leave. Everyone was gone. Dad and the girls on the run, Elena asleep, Jeremy working, and Stefan making deals with the devil. I hated being stuck in this position.

I got dressed putting on a sleek purple dress with my favorite shoes I've had since forever. I wore my promise ring and noticed my engagement ring on the table. I looked at it for a moment. Was it worth it to wear it? Should I even bother?

I took a breath. I couldn't lose hope. I put it on my finger and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was up in a loose tucked braid.

I heard Caroline call for me downstairs and I went to her

I heard Caroline call for me downstairs and I went to her. We got to the pageant and there was already trouble. Seline and Sybil were fighting over the bell and causing trouble.

"Let's hope this goes by quick." Caroline sighed as we stood by the entrance welcoming guests. "We'll have to try and call Damon to get that other piece."

"Maybe you should just ask him in person." Bonnie replied as she looked away from us. We both turned and Stefan and Damon stood there with black tuxes on. Stefan gave me a small smirk as I took a breath and looked at him. His humanity was off, I could tell. He stood to tall, and his face was calm.

"What are you even doing here?" Caroline spat before I could say anything. Not like I would've. What was I supposed to say?

"I invited them." Sybil spoke showing up from behind us. Of course she did. "As long as I get what I want I'll make sure they behave."

I turned back to the brothers and they both looked at us calmly and with tiny smiles. I took a breath and went to grab a drink. I stood by the bar sipping on vodka. It was the quickest way for me to get to feeling anything else but this.

I mixed it with some cherry juice and stood there for a moment looking at it. "Mind making one more?" I heard as I turned. Stefan smiled to me mischievously rather than kindly.