23

I woke up and looked around. The bed was empty as usual. I'd never get used to that. I sat up and got out of bed. I couldn't sit around, I had to try and live my life.

I heard the door open and I went downstairs. "Caroline what are you- oh Bonnie." I spoke looking at her.

"What happened with Damon?" She asked curiously.

I looked where she was and saw Damon sitting motionless in a chair. I heard Caroline come downstairs. "What's going on?" She asked curiously.

"I wish I knew." I replied looking at Damon. I snapped my fingers but he was in some sort of trance.

Caroline went to see what was in his head and I went with her. As soon as we got inside I felt a burning sensation surround my body as if I went into the sun without my daylight ring. I quickly pulled away and so did she. I then heard humming. Caroline looked at me and I sighed.

I didn't need to see her to know it was Sybil. Caroline, Bonnie, and I walked down anyway, following the sound.

"Well it looks like we have a rat in the cellar." Caroline scoffed.

"Are you annoyed? I always thought that was your resting face." Sybil sassed back one of her arms chained high while the other was half undone. "Let me guess. Damon's not feeling well."

"What are you doing to him?" Bonnie asked angrily crossing her arm.

"I gave him what he wanted. I flipped his little humanity switch back on." She explained.

"That doesn't explain why he's zoned out." I replied looking to her.

"I mean it does. I'm sure his mind couldn't handle all those horrible memories and feelings that rushed in all at once. Don't worry. I can fix him as long as I get what I want." Sybil negotiated as I rolled my eyes.

"You're crazy if you think we are letting you out of this cell." Bonnie shook her head lightly. "You'll mess with our heads too."

"That's the beauty of it. You don't have a choice." She spoke and I thought for a moment.

"She can't get in my head." I shook my head as Sybil squinted. "I'm a practicing witch. Do you really think I wouldn't find a way to keep my head safe after our last head encounter?" I asked looking at her.

"Look at you. The smart one." She chuckled lightly. "Well even if you keep me out of all of your little friends heads, there is still Damon to take care of." She explained as I sighed. Just like that she got the upper hand back. "So pay the price or prepare to have a catatonic best man at your wedding. That is of course if you still get married. I hear things are a bit rocky. Not to mention the missing ring on your finger." She spoke looking at my hand.

"What do you want?" Caroline asked looking at her.

"I want the bell." She replied as I looked at her.

"No way." I shook my head. "There's no-"

"Deal." Caroline spoke up over me. "We will get you the bell while you help Damon."

"You know I could really go for a shower first." She replied with a small smile. We granted her her wish so we could talk things out.

"We can't just give her the weapon. How the hell are we going to get rid of her and Seline?" I asked looking at Caroline.