14

I woke up the next morning to Stefan next to me. I got in the habit of waking up earlier over the years. Crazy, I know, but it was nice. It wasn't 4 in the morning early but early. I wrapped around his arm and waited for him to wake up.

Eventually he took his morning breath and he slowly opened his eyes. "Good morning." I spoke softly smiling to him.

He turned to me and smiled. "Good morning." He replied as he kissed the top of my head.

"So what's the plan for today?" I asked curiously.

"I was thinking we could stop by your Dad's." He spoke as I looked at him surprised. "I'm sure the girls would be excited if they got home to see you." He added clarifying his want to be there.

"Wow for a second there I almost thought you wanted to hang out with my Dad." I joked as he rolled his eyes lightly. I laughed and sat up. "Okay. We'll go see my Dad." I nodded to him and we headed there.

We got to the door and Dad opened it. "Emma." He spoke relieved as he wrapped around me.

I shook my head. "How many times do I have to tell you?" I asked as I looked at him. "I'm the badass big sister. I live up to that." I nodded as he shook his head with a scoffed chuckle.

"You know I love seeing you, but you both being here must mean that you're planning another little escapade and I can't do one of those again." He shook his head.

"No. No escapades, no scar, no Rayna." Stefan reassured. "But thank you for your help with all of that by the way." Stefan thanked.

"It's not like I really had a choice, but you're welcome." Dad replied as I looked at him and then Stefan biting my lips. Stefan cleared his throat looking down.

"What are you doing here then?" He asked curiously.

I grabbed Stefan's hand. I didn't understand his vendetta against Stefan. Maybe he was being overprotective like usual. Either way I wanted to prove he was a good guy. "Well Stefan thought it would be a good idea for me to wait for L and J to get home so I could surprise them. Also, a line squared reunion." I explained as he nodded.

"They'd definitely love that." He nodded. "Come on in." He spoke, inviting Stefan in for the first time. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried that he would 'forget' about that part.

"It's really dirty I'm sorry. I haven't had a chance to clean since-" Dad started as he walked into the kitchen.

"I spent my childhood in a one bedroom apartment and mom couldn't even keep it up. I'm not complaining." I explained trying to ease his mind. I looked to Stefan. Dad turned around.

"Yeah it's a nice house." Stefan added as I looked back at Dad.

"Yeah thanks. You'd be amazed what you can accomplish when your fiancé can compel am interior designer and the entire homeowners association." Dad commented as I laughed lightly.

"I'm surprised she didn't just plan it all by herself." Stefan commented.

"Why do you think she had to compel them? You think they'd casually agree with all of the add-on's she wanted?" He asked jokingly.

"Now it's making sense." Stefan replied as I looked at dad's calendar to see Justice of the Peace.

"I thought it was gonna be a backyard wedding." I spoke confused as Dad grabbed the book.

"We changed it up a little bit. We thought it'd be a little safer indoors right now." He spoke putting the book in its designated place. I looked at him confused when he was turned away. This was seeming more and more like something that they wanted no one to know about.