15

We all got back to Dad's house and I was able to get almost completely cleaned. There was a few blood stains on my jacket, but nothing too noticeable. Stefan and Dad both seemed a lot more calm around each other so I assumed they sorted everything out, which I was happy about.

We got to the front door and I took a breath. It felt like home. "You two can come in for a little bit, but I want to head to bed soon."

"Are the twins home yet?" Dad asked curiously.

"I don't know Caroline usually parks-" He started before Caroline walked in.

"Emma!" She spoke happily as I went over and hugged her tightly. "I heard that the scars went away, is it true?" She asked as she looked at Stefan.

"Yeah all gone." He replied with a smile. She hugged him tightly.

"And Rayna?" She asked worried stepping back.

"Still working on those but she's currently locked away." I explained as she hugged me again.

"I didn't expect you so soon. I didn't even expect both of you." She added as Stefan smiled.

"I'm glad to be back." He nodded. Caroline knew why he didn't come and she was grateful he stayed away fro those reasons, but she did miss it when we would talk and Stefan's sly comments weren't there to brighten the mood again. It was fun to think about.

"Mommy?! Can you come read us a story?" I heard Lizzie say from up the stairs.

I smiled wide. "In a minute honey!" Caroline said looking up the stairs.

"I can put them to bed if you want to talk to them." Dad offered as I shook my head.

"You're insane if you think I'm not going to surprise them." I replied smiling to him.

"I was tired anyway." Dad sassed as I let out a soft chuckle.

"Happy you're home." Caroline spoke kissing his cheek before he walked away.

"No offense but I think I'm gonna hold off on the You part of the explanation until tomorrow." I smiled to Stefan as he nodded.

"Sure. Care and I can catch up while you put them to bed." Stefan nodded as I smiled kissing him softly.

I went up to the room and looked to see the girls sitting on their beds impatiently. "Emmie!" They both sang as they stood up and hugged me.

"Hey you little nuggets!" I smiled as I held them. "Did you miss me?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah!" Lizzie smiled.

"So much." Josie nodded.

"Now how about that story?" I asked curiously.

"No I don't want to." Josie shook her head.

"Yeah we wanna stay up and talk with you." Lizzie added with a pout.

"It's bed time." I replied then looked around. "You know, the sooner you fall asleep, the sooner we can play." I looked at them whispering to get them intrigued.

They looked at each other and rushed to their beds. I brung over a chair and I smiled. They really enjoyed me and I loved it so much.

"This is a story of how I went to an island." I started. "It was a beautiful and they served fruity drinks, and vanilla drinks and all sorts of wonderful drinks. The best part wasn't the drinks though, it was sitting under the stars." I started as they listened intently.

I finished the story and headed to the door. I turned off their lights and I closed the door. I went downstairs to see Caroline and Stefan. "I'm impressed." Caroline spoke as I looked at her.