10

I was in the bathroom of Caroline's room. She was still healing from the C-section, according to the doctors. I looked in the mirror and fixed my hair a bit. I wished I was with Stefan and I wished he didn't have to run for the rest of ever. I wiped my face to remove any evidence of tears rolling down it and I exited the bathroom.

I saw Caroline talking to dad. He just told her he planned on going to Dallas, Texas. He told me this morning and I wanted to go with him. It was better then sitting around all day and I wanted to help.

"A nurse? Who? Frankie with the heart murmur? Or Jarica, the perpetual boyfriend-texter?" Caroline argued, not fond of the idea of Dad leaving.

"I was thinking Emma, the protective older sister." Dad explained as Caroline turned to me.

"Wait what?" Caroline asked surprised.

"Yeah I mean I missed classes so I might as well be a drop out. Not to mention I promised to protect them, and Stefan is away so I thought, why not?" I shrugged lightly.

"Do you even know how to take care of a baby?" Caroline asked curiously.

"I mean I did in a vision once." I explained looking away. I didn't really have experience that was for sure.

"I mean I love Emma, but she's no babysitter. I bet she hasn't ever even looked at a pregnancy book. No offense." She looked at me then back to Dad.

"None taken." I replied with a small sigh.

"Do you have a better idea?" Dad asked a bit sassily.

"Me. I'm the better idea." She replied smiling lightly.

"You just had a major surgery. You had a C section." Dad spoke looking at her unsure.

"And I'm all healed up. That is the one and only perk of a vampire pregnancy. I can either sit here, alone, pretending that I'm just a normal human patient, or I can be useful. It's up to you." Caroline retorted as I smiled lightly.

"Why not all three?" I asked crossing my arms.

"You don't have to Emma." Dad shook his head.

"My boyfriend is being chased by a woman set on mainly killing him. I'd rather be worried about baby bottles and diapers then his impending death." I replied as he looked down.

He looked up and sighed. "Well it's good I bought a minivan." Caroline and I smiled to him and he let out a chuckle.

I sat in the car between the two yelling babies. They both cried their little hearts out. Caroline tried to entertain Lizzie while I tried to entertain Josie. It was hard to deal with them.

Matt called Caroline to ask where Rayna was. "What do you mean? She's wherever Stefan is." Caroline answered looking at Lizzie defeated.

"No one knows where he is. He isn't taking anyone's calls. I was hoping on calling Emma next to ask if she's talked to him." Matt spoke.

"No need she's right here." Caroline spoke handing me the phone.

"I haven't heard from him." I spoke holding the phone to my ear as the babies cried and Dad tried to talk to Caroline.

"Well do you think you could try to magically track him?" He asked curiously.

"I'm currently in between my two loud and upset baby sisters. I can't pull a spell out right now." I explained.

"Well maybe I could help with that?" I heard in the distance of his phone.

"Valerie huh?" I asked curiously. I still wasn't sure if I trusted her.