11

I laid in the sun with my blue bikini in working on my tan. The ocean waves flowing by sent a relaxing sensation through my body. I heard footsteps through the sand coming closer to me. I opened my eyes and saw Stefan standing there.

"You're back." He smiled as I sat up.

"Right when I said I'd be." I replied as I leaned up and kissed him.

"How were the girls?" He asked curiously as he sat next to me.

"They were great. They saw me and remembered me this time. Of course they remembered me as the one who gave them presents last year but they remembered nonetheless." I smiled to him as I sat up.

I had only visited about twice a year. It was only for a day or two though and then I let back up with Stefan. I would go without him to be sure the girls and dad were safe.

It had been almost three years since we had been traveling. It was the most fun I'd ever had to be honest. Sometimes I would forget what we were doing. We'd look for some sort of cure.

I had ideas on how to help. I tried to siphon it away, but that was a dud. I wanted to try a transfer, but Stefan refused. He didn't want anyone hurt, especially me.

The plus to this was that I could spend time with him and I loved him more than anything. We'd visited the most beautiful places and I got to learn about magic I'd never heard of. I learned about siphoning, channeling, siphoning, and all sorts of connecting.

The true downside was being away from everyone else. I only ever got to talk on the phone with Jeremy and Tyler. They were usually out fighting evil vampires and were commonly busy, but when we could talk I always took the offer. Dad and the girls were the ones I couldn't stay away from. I tried to talk to them as much as possible, but it wasn't the same as being there. Also, Damon decided to desiccate next to Elena to avoid his own problem.

The most surprising thing though that topped any other experience was that dad and Caroline were getting married. They weren't sure when or who was going to be there, but I was excited. Caroline wanted to be their full time mom, and she had been for a while. She thought the marriage would be good for Lizzie and Josie. I admired how she was looking out for them first.

No matter what was going on though, being with Stefan made me the happiest person on the planet. "And Dad, get this, he told them to call me Emmie So now we all have similar nicknames." I added smiling at him.

"That's cute." He replied as I laughed lightly.

"They're so big now. I mean they spoke before but now they can say sentences. It was great." I explained as I recalled something. "Oh my god, I almost forgot, I was playing Barbies with the girls and Josie grabbed the ken doll and threw him. She then went on a rant saying that Barbie could drive herself." I laughed. "And Lizzie was so confused and worried that she grabbed ken and started reassuring him that everything was okay. It was so hard for me to keep my cool." I laughed more.

"It sounds like you had a good time." Stefan spoke as he held my waist.

"I did. Dad says they're gonna start preschool soon and-" I started as I turned to him. He was looking down upset. "What's wrong?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"I wish you could go with them more often." He replied. "You know you can right?" He asked curiously.

"Of course I know, honey." I replied holding the side of his face. "This is the new reality and that's okay. What do I always say?" I asked looking at him lovingly.

"As long as we're together you're happy." He replied as I nodded and let out a 'mhmm.'

I leaned forward and kissed him. "Nothing beats sitting on sandy, clear water beaches with the most handsome man on the planet."

Silver Linings: Acatalepsy {A TVD Fanfic trilogy}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें