Chapter 14.

I woke up the next morning with a book covering my face, instantly becoming giddy. Harry was coming over and probably soon. I checked my phone and sure enough, he had sent a text twenty minutes earlier saying he would be here in one hour.

Which meant I had forty minutes to get ready and I was in bad need of a shower. Typing out a quick reply, I tossed my phone on the bed and ran in to the bathroom.

As the water hit my body, I couldn't stop the silly smile stretching my lips. Even though I'd had a fight with Adam last night, I felt brilliant. Perhaps it was wrong of me, perhaps it made be a bad girlfriend but I didn't care about him and his feelings in that moment. He could take his sneaky manners and shove them far up somewhere the sun doesn't shine.

I was aware I needed to stop avoiding it, to set my foot down soon, but still contemplated what to do. Perhaps I should break up with him. I wasn't even sure I still loved him like I once did. Honestly, if I truly did, I shouldn't even have to consider it to begin with.

We had been together for long and he had helped me tremendously. He would be crushed if I left him, even more so if I confessed having kissed Harry, and it wouldn't be easy for me either. But I couldn't help feeling things were going downhill and I definitely couldn't lie about what I felt.

I kept telling myself Harry had nothing to do with it all, but it was simply lies to make me feel better. There was something between us that I couldn't quite put words to. If it was the old feelings from before, our bond slowly knitting back together, or if it was new feelings, I was yet to find out.

What I did know was that I really cared about him and despite all I was happy that he had moved back. I wanted him to be a part of my life, whether Adam approved or not. Maybe that could be his ultimate test. If Adam accepted my decision to have Harry in my life, I wouldn't have to break up with him.

But then there was the tiny detail of me being insanely attracted to Harry, a thing that seemed to be mutual. And we had kissed. A lot. The thought drowned my good mood and made me feel a bit disgusted. I had cheated on my boyfriend on multiple occasions and here I was thinking bad things about him.

With a low curse spilling from my lips, I stepped out of the shower and quickly dried off. It was probably for the best that Adam left yesterday. He should be mad at me. And I needed some time away from him to sort through my thoughts and feelings.

After brushing my hair and deciding to skip makeup, I got dressed in black shorts, a white tank top and a red flannel. Pulling on a pair of black boots and some jewellery, I jogged downstairs to put on a pot of coffee. As I waited for it to brew, I wrote Harry and asked if he had eaten breakfast.

Harry: Nope, but I'm bringing some so don't bother cooking x

Smiling, I poured a cup of hot coffee and sat down by the kitchen table to wait for him. Just when I started to feel antsy and thought about grabbing the book from the night before, there was a knock on the door and I jumped up.

I flung the door open and a breath caught in my throat as I took him in. Harry was beautiful where he stood before me, the sunlight hitting him from his right. The unruly, loose curls moving in the light breeze, a golden glint to them in the early morning light. His almond shaped, jade eyes looking curiously at me, slightly narrowed. "Good morning," he drawled with a smile, showing of dimples and perfectly white teeth.

"Hi, come in," I said and backed up, giving him space to move inside.

He wore a pair of battered, light blue jeans and red Converse, paired off with a simple white t-shirt. His skin was tanned and made the tattoos stand out. I knew I was staring but couldn't tear my eyes away.