Chapter 34.

Waking up beside Harry and knowing he wouldn't leave my side was the most wonderful feeling in the world.

He loved me.

To say I was shocked when he'd blurted it yesterday would be an understatement.

All this time, all those years of wondering, longing and sadness, he had loved me every second.

I should probably be mad at him for not telling me sooner, but I understood. When he got back, he was in deep to his knees with the dodgy business. And let's not forget I used to have a boyfriend.

I studied his features as he still slept, features looking calm and peaceful. His usual scowl had given place to a perfectly smooth forehead, the brown curls messily surrounding his handsome face.

Carefully pushing up on my elbow, I envied his long eyelashes where they rested against the top of his cheekbones.

He looked so young, so untroubled. All I wished was for him to be able to untangle himself from the strong grip Cole, and probably Max, had on him. I wanted him to be able to make his own decisions, to choose what he wanted to do for a living or if he wanted to attend college.

Living a life with someone who always had to be careful not to get busted while selling drugs wasn't something I could picture myself doing.

I sighed and laid back down. And what would I do about Pam? She'd been lying to me for a long time.

Did that mean our whole friendship was based on a lie? Had she known of Harry before I told her? Did she know Cole?

The best thing I could do was to pay her a visit at HES. Catch her off guard. Hopefully she would tell me the truth about her double life.

Harry stirred beside me suddenly and let out a raspy moan, electrifying every single cell in my body.

The way he'd taken care of me last night; I had truly been able to feel how much he cared for me. It had been intense and I could honestly say I'd never felt anything close to it during my time with Adam.

I felt Harry's eyes on me and turned my head to the side, marvelling in the pale, jade colour they got in the morning light.

He smiled softly, making his dimples pop. "Morning, my love."

"Hi," I said, a ridiculously huge grin stretching my lips.

"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" he mumbled and circled his arms around my naked waist, pulling me closer.

His deep, slow voice was like music to my ears. My favourite thing in the whole world would be his morning voice.

Brushing long fingers through my hair slowly, he pressed his lips to my temple.

"I love you," he whispered.

A flutter broke free in my belly upon hearing his words. I wasn't sure I would ever get used to them coming from his mouth.

I brought my hand up to caress his cheek, smiling contently. "I love you more."

He chuckled and shook his head before bringing his lips to my neck. He nibbled and sucked gently on my flesh, earning a tiny whimper and thousands of goosebumps from me.

"You know, I think I quite enjoyed morning sex with you," he mumbled against my neck.

"Hmm. . ." I moaned as he began sucking a bit harder, remembering the last time we woke up together.

Sparks of heat instantly started to course through my body, making my cheeks flush. He could make me feel so much, so fast.

"Harry, I'm hungry," I whined and tried to pry his greedy hands off my body.