Chapter|01

Jake

Jake

Home, I felt giddy as I inhaled the air of my pack lands that stretched just slightly further then it did when I was 15.

Eric had done so much with the pack since I had left, I got caught up with all the pack matters—2 months before my 18th birthday and now here I am coming home to take my rightful place as alpha.

Eric was tired of being the substitute alpha, with all the stress raising his daughter and the whispers I've heard of them wanting another child. I didn't blame him and now that I had my own Beta I didn't have to worry about leaving him in charge as much. Eric had his work cut out for him already with his daughter who was 13 now since I was only gone for 3 years.

We had a 5 year age difference but even so by the records, she was quite a trouble maker for the pack. The damages she managed to make cost the pack a lot of income, honestly I wondered how her father even managed to pay for have the shit she does with her pranks.

Her first day of high school she managed to destroy her first-period class because she thought it was fun to cause an explosion, her excuse was that the teacher wouldn't let her best friend be her partner.

Yes, high school started at 12-13 which I understand sounds a little weird but by the time a young wolf reaches 12, we are more mentally advanced. What they teach in the mortal realm isn't advanced enough for most wolves—since we are our own economy and rulers, we decided to start high school at an earlier age.

So they start high school at 12—13 for the late bloomers, and they are there until 17—18 at the latest. They spend at least 3-4 years on the normal criteria and then they move onto wolf behavior, mates, the process, the rules and the importance of keeping ourselves AWAY from the humans.

Anyway back to my current situation, I hadn't prepped myself enough for what I could possibly have to deal with when I got to my pack. I know it had changed, I know people had grown and had different views than back when I was 15 and grieving the loss of two parents.

My biggest fear was that they wouldn't respect me—that they wouldn't accept me as their alpha. My biggest hardship was meeting the girl who literally was destroying my pack with her pranks and there was no guarantee I was going to be able to handle my alpha command.

I groaned and leaned back into the car, as I watched my pack come into sight. I noticed the group of people waiting— why couldn't he listen and not have a giant welcome homegroup waiting for me.

The car parked and I got out, I was immediately engulfed into a hug and I chuckled when I realized it was Eric. He let go and smiled, I smiled back the man he looked old—it had only been 3 fucking years, what the hell is he going through.