Chapter|03

Jake

Jake

I sighed while putting my tie on, tonight was the ceremony to take my full rights as alpha.

I was stressed, I had been going through the pack information and the pack was honestly at a loss right now in so many things because of Angelica pranks.

I also paid off some of her previous damages to lay some weight off Aroma and Eric, but I left the most recent damages alone because of the punishment her mother gave her.

As I was told, Angelica had been moping around the pack grounds with her friend. Her mother only lifted her grounding because she felt bad, but Angelica was being followed by a pack guard to make sure she understands that ANY bad behavior would be immediately dealt with.

She didn't understand the difference between pranks and actual life-threatening explosions or destruction of people's property. If she was human, they would've had her in lockdown prison before she was even an adult. She should be happy that they don't have strict laws for werewolves because of their instincts and nature.

There were still pack laws, but we tried to keep a balance of right and wrong and what Angelica thought was right—wasn't. She was affecting the packs thought of her, and if this continued how would I be able to put her on my arm and show her off as Luna if EVERYONE hated her?

"You okay?" Fred said I shrugged.

"With the whole pack potentially against my mate, and my mate being barely a teen—this is literally stressing me out." I replied rubbing my temples, he patted my back.

"You're alpha, you WILL figure this out and I'm right here to help." He said I chuckled.

"I'm glad I met you." I told him, he smiled at me.

We headed out, I noticed the gathering arena we had filled with people dressed up nice. They looked at me in happiness, their eyes shined with excitement. This was the moment I was so excited for, this was the day I ruled a pack and made my parents proud.

This was the day I walked in my dad's shoes and did what I had to do, this was the best moment of my life.

"Jake Anthony DarkWood, I pass the honor of alpha on to you—do you promise to protect the pack, and put the best interest into the pack, and do everything in your power to keep the pack safe?" Eric asked, I smiled.

"I do."

"Do you swear by the moon goddess to take appropriate action against rogues, bad behavior, spies and any other wolves who affect the image and safety of the pack." Eric said, cringing at what it implied.