Chapter|07

7 days later

7 days later...

Angelica

"Is Ariel awake she didn't answer my texts this past week?" I asked, walking into her parent's home.

"She has been avoiding us to this week; I think it might just one of her moments." Mark her father said, her mother Amanda looked worried.

"How about I go see if I can get her up." I chuckled; her mother smiled.

"Okay honey." Her mother said, her parents were the kindest people.

I headed up the stairs, it was dead quiet up here. My eyebrows raised, Ariel was always blaring some kind of weird music when she was in one of her moods. This wasn't the first time she just hid from the world, Ariel loved her alone time so when she locked herself away we just let her.

"Hey, Ariel? You up." I asked, there was no response.

I walked in and my chest hurt slightly, I shook it off but something just felt off. I noticed the tissues beside her bed which made it looked like she had been crying. I also noticed the sappy romantic novels we use to watch, just so we could cry when sad.

"Hey, Ariel? Are you okay?" I asked again, the bathroom door was closed.

There was still no response, I felt lost. Did Ariel sneak out? I walked towards the bathroom door, I turned the nob that seemed to weigh almost a thousand pounds as I opened it.

Walking inside, I just smelt blood. Lots of it, I covered my mouth and tears stung my eyes. I felt like I was walking in slow motion, every inch of my body felt like it was being ripped apart as I moved the bath curtain out of the way.

Then I saw Ariel, porcelain skin and her bright ginger hair floating in the tub of bright red blood. She looked peaceful, the pain in my chest became unbearable as the realization finally came to me.

My best friend was dead.

"ARIEL NO! NO! NO!" I screamed on the top of my lungs, the sound of footsteps coming up haunted me.

My body moving back into the wall sliding down as I watched her mother scream and collapse to the floor, her father pulling her lifeless body from the tub attempting to perform CPR. Yet we all could smell it, could smell the death that surrounded her and we could finally feel the snap of our connection dying because she was gone.

The heartbroken faces of her parents were imprinted into my brain. I couldn't breathe, I didn't understand why Ariel left me.

I saw it, I saw the small piece of paper with my name on it.

Dear A,

You're my sister, my best friend and so much more but I can't take the pain anymore. That night of the party I met my mate, I was so excited but he didn't feel the same. He was in love with somebody else, she was his second chance mate! I thought you only met them when your first rejected you or they died but I guess that's a lie. I can't stand feeling him with her, I loathe the idea of what they are doing and the fact he marked her tonight and I felt my wolf slowly fade in agony. I don't have another chance for happiness and I cannot live with myself knowing I wasn't worthy of being his mate.