Chapter|05

1 Year Later

1 Year Later...

Jake

It's been a year since Angelica went to her camp, honestly, I wasn't too keen on letting her go but I saw the hope she has in changing herself and I couldn't take that away from her.

The pack had been struggling, honestly, I was doing my best and even had Eric and Fred on top of everything but there was just not enough money or space. I had new wolves bunking with others, I had classrooms overflowing and a HUGE forest space that I didn't have money to build in.

I sighed, sitting back on my chair. I was literally swimming in bills and complaint letter about what was going wrong, Angelica had been sending me letters every week but I hadn't responded in almost a month because of how busy I was.

"Hey, Jake?" Fred said I looked up from my paperwork.

"Yeah Fred?" I said, sighing and stretched my arms.

"This came in the mail today." He replied I gave him a questioning glance.

"Who's it from?" I asked, his eyes were wide and filled with shock.

"The Alphas Alliance & Attendance Board." Eric said, my eyes widened.

"Oh no." I replied immediately, they monitored all alphas all over the world.

"I know." He replied he handed me the letter.

I opened it with a worried look on my face, it was obvious my pack was struggling and lacking financials but I really hoped that this wasn't the end of my pack.

I began to read.

Dear Jake DarkWood,

We are aware of your financial struggles, and the sudden growth in your pack that has made this an issue for you to pay your bills and expand.

Don't worry this is not an evacuation letter, or a letter telling you that your pack will have to disband. We do that kind of stuff in person now, but this letter is to inform you that you've been invited to an interview that could get you a job on our board.

Your parents were once amazing members of this alliance, they managed their pack and their work even after they had children. They spend a few years with us, then continued their work from home once they decided it was time to slow down.

This is an amazing opportunity, and we would love that you give this some deep thought.

We would love to have you a part of the team, and you DO get paid for your job and a signup bonus to help your back.