Chapter|06

3 Years Later

3 Years Later...

Angelica

"Can you believe we're seventeen now?" I said to Ariel, who held a smirk.

"I know! We can technically meet our mates now." She said excitedly, I winced.

"You can." I said with a whisper, she sighed.

"You'll see him again Angelica, you were too young to mate him and sadly even now." Ariel said, she kept telling me this.

"I know, I know." I replied fixing my hair, she rolled her eyes.

"He's an adult, and an alpha—you know I wish you could mate with him but since he's an adult he'd kill you." Ariel told me, trying to convince me that him not be around was for the best.

"I wish he was the same age, I said with a sigh." It was my honest opinion, she agreed.

"If you both would've been 16, mating wouldn't have been a problem but his adult venom is too much for your body, we haven't matured yet—plus I know our parents would've made us wait until we were adults anyway." Ariel said while she was admired her dress.

"You look good Ariel, I really hope you meet your mate." I said honestly, she deserved the world.

"Thanks girl." She replied, I chuckled as she twirled.

Being at that camp made her gain so much confidence, it was good because it taught her not to deal with my shit and when to put me in my place when I start thinking the wrong things.

She was my best friend, we still had the butterfly marks on our collar bones from when we did a blood pack dumbly when we were younger. We promised to be friends forever, and it just appeared on us well after we cut our hands and made a blood pact—which at 10 our parents were pretty pissed we were meddling with blood pacts without knowing the consequences nut luckily they couldn't find anything wrong with our friendship blood pacts except the dangers of using a knife.

We loved it though, it was simply that our bond as friends went further than blood. I couldn't imagine what I'd do would do without her, we still got grounded though.

"You ready to have fun!" I exclaimed, she giggled and nodded.

"Heck yes." She replied I loved how excited she was.

It was the annual school dance at our high school, this was the beginning of our last year in school.  Every year for the new seniors they held a dance, and then there were the normal small proms during the year ending with a huge graduation dance.

But only the seniors were invited to the first and last dance, it was always chaotic. Especially if mates met each other early, it didn't always happen. Some meet at 16, and others don't meet till their 20's. Just time and fate, but you were allowed to meet your mate at 16 but most parents don't allow their children to complete the bond till 18 even if it was allowed.

Ariel wanted to meet her mate, she adored how her parents bad met. Even if it was at a bar, and during a drunken one night stand that got her mother pregnant. She still couldn't believe the odds of them ending up being second chance mates, she couldn't believe her father was once nothing like the man he was now.

We walked downstairs, I felt my ankles being nipped at by my now 3-year-old ball of fluff. She was honestly my second best friend, she curled up with me and I loved her so much. I ended up naming her Cosette, she was so cute and Angelic. When I came home at 15 and found out Jake wasn't here I broke down, but out of nowhere a small ball of fluff came bolting towards me and began to lick my face.

I soon learned that he had taken a job at the board, I knew that place was extremely important. I also learned he had told nobody that he was required to work there for 5 years before he was allowed to return home. Even though he had done so much to help the pack, by building more houses and schools and restaurants for us to explore.

He even built us a mall, and the worst thing he called it the Spitfire Center. You have no idea how awkward it was to find that out, I was lucky the pack didn't know that I was his mate but I never stopped being teased by my mother or Ariel.

The pack didn't hate me anymore, the moment I got back I went to every single person I could find and begged for forgiveness. I paid off bills that I had created because of my bad behavior, I volunteered at places I destroyed without pay to prove that I was sorry and soon enough people began to love and accept me again.

They believed I grew up, they believed I wanted to change and be accepted. I also helped train the warriors and made weapons for the people who had patrols for rogues.  I had made harmless traps and low impact guns that would wound instead of kill.

So far people were thankful, my father and Fred who was the beta was happy for me and told me multiple times that Jake would be happy. I didn't care though, I hated him so much for just leaving without even sending me a message.

I hated him, I could even sense my wolf's hatred at even the thought of him. I could sense that she felt just as disrespected as I did, and it grew as we got older. Now that we are of age to meet our mates, I thought maybe I'd shift last year but nope.

All I got was a blue crescent on my ankle. I knew exactly what it meant, I knew what my future held but I refused to acknowledge it. I hid it from my parents. They all said I was a late bloomer, which was common in some wolves.

The school was decorated, Ariel was humming to herself a song she had been obsessed with for weeks. I hated it with a passion, it just sounded plain to me but she liked it.  Once we headed into the school, she was excited.

"I'm going to get a drink!" She exclaimed, I chuckled.

"Okay!" I yelled, she took off.

I just walked around, I didn't have an exact idea of what I would do here. I knew I didn't have a mate to meet here because mine was across the world in Washington.

I just sat down and stared at the floating stars above me, hanging from the roof. I was bored, there were couples everywhere and I was just a loner waiting for her best friend.

"Can we leave?" Ariel came out of nowhere and I looked at her with confusion.

"We just got here?" I asked, I noticed she had been crying.

"Can we PLEASE leave." She asked she seemed distressed.

"Okay, we'll go." I said calmly, we left and she just was shaking.

I felt her distress, and her pain and sadness through the bond until she closed it off. It was like she was secluding herself from me, I tried to touch her but she moved.  I walked her all the way home, she walked inside and ran upstairs without even sparing me a word.

"What in the world?" Her mother asked, I shrugged worried.

"She wanted to leave, she was crying and she closed off her bond." I said I felt really worried.

"Maybe it's her period." Her mother said, I nodded.

I went home, I didn't know what was going to happen that night.

I didn't know I what was about to happen, but fate is rude like that.

Vote & Comment ❤️