Chapter|11

Her 18th birthday....

Angelica

Fast forward a couple months of healing, lying to everyone around me about what was wrong and why I was so distracted.

I picked myself back up, I finished whatever I missed for school and graduated. I was now in the warrior academy learning some things, seeing if this was a course I wanted to pursue but I also knew that Jake would be back next year.

Lately I had been on edge, today was my 18th birthday and I just felt like I was buzzed. I broke my alarm clock, I tried to kill a fly that I thought was in the bathroom but shocker was that it was in the kitchen I could hear it from upstairs.

Everything was heightened, I felt like I was being attacked by my own nervous system and it was slowly driving me nuts. I managed to push the thoughts of my daughter behind me, for her best interest I must remember what would happen if I were to enter her life.

I sighed and looked in the mirror, I had grown a lot within the years. I wanted to be a great woman, I wanted to be strong and courageous yet deep inside I felt like I wasn't that person.  I need more friends, that was what I needed to do. I needed to meet somebody else, and get out of this rut I was in.

I decided to go shopping, I had a credit car. I had money to my name, I heard a bark and my smile widened. I ran downstairs and there was my beautiful Cosette, she had been staying with Amanda for the past couple months as a therapy pet which made me sad but I was glad it helped my best friends mother.

"I came to give her back, your mother said you were missing her." Amanda said, I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah I was, how are you." I asked, I smiled as Cosette nipped at my fingers.

"I'm okay, as good as I can be- but mark is taking it worse." Amanda said, I saw the pain in her eyes.

"I saw, the scar will heal but we'll never forget her- hell its her birthday." I chuckled sadly, me and Ariel had shared a birthday.

"Do you think she regrets it?" Amanda asked, my heart clenched at her wet eyes.

"If Ariel's spirit was able to see our suffering, if she could see the pain we were going through- I think she would regret what she did but I also think she would move on, because too many people wouldn't want her soul to be tormented by what she did." I told Amanda, a tear fell from her eye.

"Thanks Angelica." Amanda said, Cosette was biting my toe.

"Always." I replied, she left with a different look in her eyes.