Chapter|16

Jake

Jake

I was trying really hard to stay calm, being away from my pack was getting harder and harder.

This last year couldn't go by any faster, my coworkers knew I hated working as did my boss. Nobody fucked with me, I would almost literally bite their head off-I had worked longer than most Alphas and I had A LOT to show for.

My pack had a protective barrier around it, we had our own town with many new additions and plenty of space for new opportunities whether it be houses or apartments. I was the first alpha to have a treaty with a witch because witches didn't trust easily, but once they made a pact they didn't take to kindly to breaking it.

I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from my pack, it encouraged me that I was doing the best I could-it sucked that only Fred was allowed to tell me about the feedback and the changes because I wasn't allowed any connection with them or it fogs my mind and stop me from my job.

I had done many operations, saved a lot of people-went undercover and saw so many things after training for 2 years to do it. I was most excited to see my mate, she would be 19 next year and I'll finally be able to call her mine.

Fred had told me constantly about her progress, how she was listed as a substitute warrior if the pack every needed one-she was licensed with almost every weapon, and she was the third most skilled fighter in the pack which made me proud.

Yet I also knew she hated me, I didn't understand why she hated me so much-I was told she wore the ring but didn't know it was from me. She loved Cosette, and she knew it was from me but loved her regardless.

I was saving my pack, I was doing my job and my responsibility and yet she hated me-I sighed confused, I knew there had to be a misunderstanding somewhere. My heart broke because she had been through so much without me, losing her best friend and her first love-of course, I was jealous but I wasn't there and I couldn't have expected her to wait until I was there.

She deserved to experience everything that the world had to offer her, but I wish she didn't have to experience pain or sadness. I shook my thoughts, usually thinking about her made me drink-I just had to power through this year without pause and I'll be home.

Then my phone rang, "Hello? Alpha Jake speaking." I spoke respectfully, I heard Fred laugh.

"Every time you talk like that, I laugh." He said, I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Why are you calling?" I asked, he sighed shakingly and I immediately felt my stomach plummet.

"It seems a new pack member lied in his transfer papers, he was a rapist in that horrible pack-he confronted a pack member about what he did to her and Angelica was involved and hurt but she healed, the sand wasn't easy for her." Fred said all I heard was that Angelica was hurt.